Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horror genre games recommendation?

• 26-04-2007 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

Are there any games for the 360 similar to Resident Evil/Silent Hill/Project Zero that are worth playing? Or any in the pipeline?

I waiting on a copy of Project Zero 2 to be delivered this week but I'd like to get something that utililises the 360's potential :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,269 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Condemed? should be a cheap pick up now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

I highly recommend Condemned as well.

It might not be the best game ever made (although it is still well above the average) and the story is a bit flakey but is sure is scary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Tauren wrote:
    Condemed? should be a cheap pick up now too.

Ya, I second this choice. I got it months and months ago for €27, well worth it, fairly atmospheric. It's in first person perspective and there are a fair few moments of "wtf is behind me". One thing about it is that you move very slowly though! But certainly it is recommended!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Cheers, I'll grab a copy of it.

Love this type of game. I still remember the night I was playing Resident Evil 2 in my parents house with the lights out and the sound up and meeting the lick (was that his name) for the first time. Nearly hit the roof :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Condemned, definitely. FEAR maybe?

Xbox-games that are backwards compatible... Call of Cthulhu works. Project Zero games are definitely creepy/scary, and work on the 360. Silent Hill 4, but is the weakest in the series (and not a typical Silent Hill game).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Haha, yeah condemned, its not an amazing game, but play it with the lights out and with surround sound if you have it, can scare the crap outta you, almost had a heart attack when some oul one jumped out of a closet thing in it. And I dont usually scare easily!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Bioshock will probably have it's scary moments. It's definitely got atmosphere! :D

Gotta wait though... the current European release date is set at August 24.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

A game which will be amazing wll be the Darkness, out in June too.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

koneko wrote:
    Condemned, definitely. FEAR maybe?

Xbox-games that are backwards compatible... Call of Cthulhu works. Project Zero games are definitely creepy/scary, and work on the 360. Silent Hill 4, but is the weakest in the series (and not a typical Silent Hill game).

I thought Silent hill four had a beautiful atmosphere and great music. It did need sub story though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'd definitely go with Call of Cthulhu, it's just freaky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement