Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spaying and Neutering

Options
  • 26-04-2007 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

Following on from so many threads about accidental litters I am posting the following

The DSPCA are offering reduced price neutering - you can look at www.DSPCA.ie or call them on 01 493 5502

Dogs Aid also offer reduced price neutering in Ballymun on a Tuesday - to book an appointment for your dog or cat please call 01 834 7134

Also the Dogs Trust have spay and neuter vouchers that will cost you only €14 to get your doggie spayed or neutered if you are on low income or benefits.
    Again you can check out the website - www.dogstrust.uk.org

The male neuter is a simple op - doesn't take long and vets are usually using dissolving stitches so you don't even have to go back to get them out.
    Dog is usually up and running the next day !

Females are a little more complicated but my pair and all the fosters I have had done were up and about and eating the next day.

It is easy enough and cheap enough to get the op done and spaying a female cuts the risk of pregnancy and greatly reduces the animals chance of getting mammory cancer in later years. Not to mention taking the testosterone want out of the boy dogs and cats !!!

Your vet can fill you in on the rest !!!!

Spay Week Ireland is coming up end of May and here is the link to last years campaign if anyone needs any more info

http://www.spayweekireland.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Mods, this is a definite sticky candidate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

fits wrote:
    Mods, this is a definite sticky candidate

Agree 100%. Lots of useful info there.

Advertisement