Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

subModal Advice

Options
  • 26-04-2007 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

If anyone here knows about subModal, then please help me on this question:

subModal works great for the following example:

showPopWin('mileageclaim.php?mileage_expense_id=57&current_mileage_value='+businessexpenseedit.amount7.value+'&eval_current_subs_amount='+businessexpenseedit.57_subs.value,404,458,null);

And then I use $_GET in my target PHP page and all is well.

However. In my calling page, showPopWin fails with the following example:

showPopWin('mileageclaim.php?mileage_expense_id=57&current_mileage_value='+businessexpenseedit.amount7.value+'&eval_current_subs_amount='+businessexpenseedit.57_subs.value+'$somethign_else='+formname.somethingelse.value,404,458,null);

It seems to be the multiple 's that are causing my problem. So I'm wondering how can I escape them, and yet pass the values through in the examples above.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭zielarz

you can use different quote " or escape ' using \'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Solved it. Turns out it was some other weird aspect.

The form fieldname that I was trying to reference started with a number (db id), something like 57_subs. On a whim I changed it to subs_57 and it worked. Not sure if its an issue with showPopWin or not, but damn odd all the same.

Word to the wise is, don't start your fieldnames with a digit if you want to use JavaScript on em!

Advertisement