Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

3 month car insurance (short term)

Options
  • 26-04-2007 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all,

Could not find any posts about this subject so started a thread
    The problem is that I am probably moving to england in 4 months but my car insurance is up soon.
    I own the car myself.
    I do not want to pay a full years car insurance just the few months.
    Does anyone know is this possible?

Any advice is welcome

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Take out a policy with monthly premiums. Cancel it when no longer needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I'd say you would get a refund of your money. If you get a full licence half way through your term the insurance company gives you a refund of some of your premium. RIng up and just see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You're allowed cancel before your policy is up and obtain a refund subject to an "administration fee". You'll need to check with your insurance company as to what the administration fee will be. Some will charge you a nominal €50 or whatever, others will charge you a significant % of your remaining premium.

Advertisement