Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

css image problem

Options
  • 26-04-2007 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all... I am new to xhtml and css.. but am noticing how much css makes xhtml.. but the main problem I am having is loading some of my graphics/photos into the site ..

#buttonbar
    {
    width: 800px;
    height: 207px;
    margin: 0;
    background-image: url(images/buttonbar.gif);
    }

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

...works for me, what's the problem, are they just not showing up? or are they misaligned?
    I'd try the images/buttonbar.gif bit with/without single quotes and/or try a leading forward-slash... think I had some picky server stuff happening with that before.
    eg: url('/images/buttonbar.gif')

Also check whether you're using the right letter case in the path and filenames... eg. ButtonBar.GIF or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

id try using

#buttonbar
    {
    background-image: url(./images/buttonbar.gif);

• Registered Users Posts: 28 conordarcy

maybe its because its an id (#buttonbar)
    you can only use these once on a page.
    change it to a class (.buttonbar) and change the html page where it says id="buttonbar" to class="buttonbar"

.buttonbar
    {
    background-image: url(images/buttonbar.gif);
    }

i'd need to see the html code and the full css file to be certain though.

Advertisement