Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor new online store

• 26-04-2007 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭

has anyone bought a new phone on Meteor new online store https://onlinestore.meteor.ie/default.asp . The phones are €10 cheaper and the delivery is free in Ireland. What is the service like ? any comments

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

I bought a phone in the Meteor shop in Liffey Valley.
    It was 10 euro dearer but I got 90 euro free credit, not 80.
    Seems to be the same really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

you can get €90 on the website too if your upgrading and €80 if your a new customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

Sorry, didn't look too hard at it.
    I find Meteor to be a great network and their customer service is excellent anyway.
    I can't see you having any issues with their online store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

has anyone bought from them? how long did it take to arrive . i know it says 5 working days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

the site is run by Sigma Telecom Ireland t/a Meteor Online Store;

"In these terms and conditions (“the Conditions”) words such as “us”, “we”, “our” and “Meteor Online Store” refer to Sigma Telecom Ireland t/a Meteor Online Store, having its registered office at McKee Avenue, Finglas, Dublin 11 and words such as “you” and “your” mean you, the customer, using our Online Store. The Conditions apply to purchases made through this Online Store and constitute a legally binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the products purchased through this Online Store (“Goods”). You are advised that further terms and conditions (including an acceptable usage policy)_apply to your use of the Goods, or any other Meteor products and services that may be provided with same, and to any contract between Meteor Mobile Communications Limited (“Meteor”) and you for the supply of same. Please click here or see www.meteor.ie for details."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Conar wrote:
    I find Meteor to be a great network and their customer service is excellent anyway.
    the other day i was trying to get the isp activated on my friend's phone (i rang up and gave his name because he didn't know what to do)

the girl went and asked her manager for a few minutes and then told me that i'd have to email meteor data support myself to get it activated. i explained that i'd already done it on 5 or 6 accounts and never had to do that. she just repeated what i had to do

i phoned up an hour later and the guy said "yes certainly, hold please". about a minute later it was done

the "care" you get depends on who answers the phone but if they're properly trained it shouldn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's about time they caught up with the other networks in terms of online shopping :)

Re being run by Sigma - Vodafone & O2 no doubt outsource to their suppliers too. Cuts out the middleman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

the other day i was trying to get the isp activated on my friend's phone (i rang up and gave his name because he didn't know what to do)

the girl went and asked her manager for a few minutes and then told me that i'd have to email meteor data support myself to get it activated. i explained that i'd already done it on 5 or 6 accounts and never had to do that. she just repeated what i had to do

i phoned up an hour later and the guy said "yes certainly, hold please". about a minute later it was done

the "care" you get depends on who answers the phone but if they're properly trained it shouldn't
    To be fair, its the same everywhere. Their are always people better at their job than others.

This is especially relevant when dealing with a call center because the staff turnover is so high. I know for a fact that all the Meteor reps are given one months training, two weeks theory and two weeks on the phones. If they're not good enough after that they're let go.

Its possible that you got through to one of the academy reps who are arent 100% sure what they're doing but they have to learn somewhere, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

"Its possible that you got through to one of the academy reps who are arent 100% sure what they're doing but they have to learn somewhere, right?"

This is true, but the information they give out should be monitored for accuracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

7.Ronaldo wrote:
    I know for a fact that all the Meteor reps are given one months training, two weeks theory and two weeks on the phones. If they're not good enough after that they're let go.
    jesus christ if these are the ones they held onto what did they let go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Its about time they had an online store. That was the only thing they were really missing. Im going to take a browse at it now. I have to agree that meteor customer service is one of the best, if not thee best I have ever dealt with. Excellent service, no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If you're PaYG, you're not getting onto Meteor trained staff as such. They're outsourced by RigneyDolphin in Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

chrislad wrote:
    If you're PaYG, you're not getting onto Meteor trained staff as such. They're outsourced by RigneyDolphin in Waterford.

Okay I didn't know that. But even at that, they're customer service is very helpful, and they are always so friendly too compared to some other phone compay's I've been with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

The calls are monitored for accuracy(obviously not in real time). At the end of the training period each trainee is brought in for a meeting and their calls are reviewed. These calls are graded on tone aswell as accuracy. If the trainee doesnt meet the requirements then they are let go.
    jesus christ if these are the ones they held onto what did they let go?
    As I said earlier, the reps are given a months training. Two weeks in the classroom and two weeks on the phones. The rep you were dealing with was more than likely still in training. Theirs usually a senior rep on hand to deal with any queries they may have though, so the rep will more than likely be in trouble for giving out false information if this call was recorded.

Also, as said earlier. If you're a PAYG customer then you more than likely got through to the DSG call center in Waterford . They're all RigneyDolphin staff and I dont think the training or call monitoring is to the same level as that of the Bill Pay call center in Dublin.

Advertisement