Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Broadband Coverage??

Options
  • 26-04-2007 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Was wondering does anybody have any reviews of Ice Broadband? I asked this question a while ago and there seemed to be mixed reviews about them.

In the end they didn't service our area but they are claiming to have better coverage and when I was talking to them last time they said that they were looking to put up a mast in our area but I'm looking for broadband for my da and he didn't want to give them his number.

So I'm wondering before I bother contacting them again, does anybody know if they have improved coverage in the Tullamore region especially around the Mucklagh, Blueball and Rahan area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Sent them an email when nobody responded and no they don't cover the area.

They are looking to put up a mast soon (same thing they said when I contacted them 6 months ago). I'm near Mucklagh, Tullamore if anyone else is wondering do they cover this area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

ICE Now have a transmitter in the center of Tullomore and can see 5KM in every direction...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jonas1977

I've tried the ice broadband in tullamore recently and it didn't work. Was told that the signal would improve over the next month or two but wont wait that long. There's always the reliable Eircom broadband or 3 have opened a new store in town and are selling datacards for laptops and USB Modems for pcs or laptops. A friend of mine woring in carphone warehouse was using Vodafone but ditched that after all the false promises and has now switched to 3s USB Modem. She swears by it as do the staff in 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jonas1977

I've tried the ice broadband in tullamore recently and it didn't work. Was told that the signal would improve over the next month or two but wont wait that long. There's always the reliable Eircom broadband or 3 have opened a new store in town and are selling datacards for laptops and USB Modems for pcs or laptops. A friend of mine woring in carphone warehouse was using Vodafone but ditched that after all the false promises and has now switched to 3s USB Modem. She swears by it as do the staff in 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Can't get eircom or any of those out in Mucklagh/Rahan area. I'm interested in 3 but their coverage map doesn't have HSDPA coverage. Does the datacard work everywhere they have 3G Coverage?

http://three.ie/coverage/ireland_zoom4.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement