Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New phone from 3

• 26-04-2007 4:37pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

I just got a call there a while ago from 3, and apparantly they are just randomly sending me out an upgrade? The catch seems to be a new 12 month contract, but I had no real intentions of moving anyhow. I currently have a Nokia N70 and they are sending a Nokia 6280. I am only on their lowest pay monthly price plan (€25), so would not be a huge spender on phones.

I am not a huge researcher of mobiles so I don't really know which is better. Is this a good thing? Is there much of a difference between the 2 phones? I only really use my phone for radio, phone and text, with some web browsing thrown in, so I wasn't planning on upgrading for another year or so. Do 3 do this for everyone, and if so is there any hidden catches to expect?

They didn't ask for any details other than DOB and address, as I was half expecting it to turn in to a 'tell us your bank account details and we can send it to you' type of call.

Cheers for any replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

this is an old nokia slidey type. had some bad reviews if i recall.

certainly nothing to get worked up about and i would almost certainy say a n70 would eat it for breakfast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N70#Features

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_6280#Specification_Sheet

Not much of a difference really, I have the 6280 and i love it, no complaints at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the phones are very similar but the symbian OS of the n70 pushes into the lead imo. i own both and it annoys me that if i get a text while browsing i have to shut down the browser to read the message. multi-tasking ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

When you say that they are randomly sending you and upgrade and renewing you contract, do you mean they called you and offered you an upgrade over the phone and you accepted it ,along with accepting that a new 12 month contract would result? If not I would stop them. As for the 6280, had one had no problems with it what so ever and considered it one of the best phones I have had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Was in with three the other day looking for an upgrade but saw a price sheet dated april 1st with prices for the n95, n93 and w950i is anyone is looking these handsets.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

neilled wrote:
    Was in with three the other day looking for an upgrade but saw a price sheet dated april 1st with prices for the n95, n93 and w950i is anyone is looking these handsets.....

In the billpay My3 details section all those handsets are listed in the set your phone option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I have a 6280. It is a fine phone but it is definitely a bit dated.

The battery life is fairly short as well.

I would go for something more recent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

In the billpay My3 details section all those handsets are listed in the set your phone option.

It says the same in my 'My3' but the official word from 3 is "We have no announcement of Nokia N95 being launched, however we may look to introduce it in near future." Hopefully sooner rather than later to renew my contract

davton wrote:
    It says the same in my 'My3' but the official word from 3 is "We have no announcement of Nokia N95 being launched, however we may look to introduce it in near future." Hopefully sooner rather than later to renew my contract

Three retail stores actually have projected upgrade prices for the handsets i mentioned. It is on its way soon although it wasn't going to be cheap - on my tarrif it was still gonna be 479 or something.

neilled wrote:
    Three retail stores actually have projected upgrade prices for the handsets i mentioned. It is on its way soon although it wasn't going to be cheap - on my tarrif it was still gonna be 479 or something.

didnt here bout that,, what plan you on that it would be €479 for n95??? t was only today that 3 emailed me the above "quote".

• Advertisement

I'm on upgrade band "C" - three have 5 bands running from "A" being the lowest and "E" being the highest.

i think i would be about the same!?!? im on the 60 legacy tarriff

Yep, that looks about correct, started with the 200 mins 200 texts deal, went up to the 300 deal for a few months, went back down to the 200 and 200 and have switched to the new priceplan. Bills on average about €80 pm for me.

Hope that gives ya an idea. On another note - the price i seen was dated April 1st, it could have changed by tomorrow.

ye i get ya, i hope not tho, i really want to get the n95, and im jst not to sure using it unlocked wit 3, dont think it worth the risk!

i started on the 100 and 100 nearly 2yrs dnt knw wat i was thinking but on the 60 now i wld be around 80 including the BB add on.
    did u change price plan during the contract? im wondering will i be made change when im renewing

Advertisement