Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sending my sim cards back to 3....

• 26-04-2007 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

i am sick of this shower of *****, they still havent resolved or explained the bill to me, so i have to say enough is enough and send my sims and data card back.

a few days ago, i was onto a lady and she goes we have to investigate this, we will get back to you.......

i kicked up a rant and said i was told this for the last month, she then held me on the line a bit and rung me back in 20 mins again saying pretty much the same thing, they want to see where the 1,600e other fees thing came from in the bill,

this is unbelievable, i sent them several emails explaining the mistake and went through the whole shanbang since i joined them. i also said if they dont resolve this by friday, its nada. i am sending all my stuff back to their hq.

so i got no more calls, no emails, so fcuk 3.
    one question, can i port my 3 mobile number (the number i used all my life) to a o2 sim card i purchased (to use web texts)? then i can use this 02 sim with my 'real' number in a different phone.

the n73 i got will be rendered useless now.

i am just sick to death of them to be honest.

inept is the only word to describe them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Shredneck

You can port you number onto O2 by contacting one of thier stores.
    Bring I.D etc (its treated like a new connection)

You should check out with 3 if they are going to charge you a cancellation of contract fee first tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

How many threads have you started about this now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

ned78 wrote:
    How many threads have you started about this now?

Exactly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

this is my 3rd one:D

if your not happy you can call 3 customer service........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

don't just send the sim cards back. the fact that you want to keep the number makes this a bit messy.

i assume you don't want to pay the cancellation fee for the contract. if that's the case then i don't think you'll be able to port your number out.

this is the procedure:

first you have to give them 30 days notice of ending your contract and you have to pay off the remaining monthly commitment. after the 30 days they'll give you your unlock code so you can get back the cancellation fee by selling the n73

then go into an o2 store and port onto the sim or you can do it yourself over the phone.

you could just send back the sims and not pay the cancellation fee but then i doubt they'll feel obliged to let you keep your number

• Advertisement

Three, me backside! hahaha.

Can I ask you have they taken your money? if no, then what do you care? Keep using the service and pay what you owe, not the obscene amount they wish to charge you. I doubt if sending everything back is going to endear you to them one way or the other.

I would not recomend sending active SIM cards in the post.
    You are responsible for any charges/use on the card so play it safe.

ok, my 5th post........

why should i pay a cancel fee, funk that, they are treating me like piss.

i was going to get it registered. the sim cards, and no they havent billed me for 1,500e yet, its obviously a mistake but they are not up front about it, i got an email few days ago saying the issue is resolved or someting and they have to speak with me.

but when i did speak with them they still mentioned the huge bill and they will have to get back to me again, i mean wtf, are they for real....

the bill wont be taken out till next month, i told my bank about this and they said they can cancel 3 no problem. (from taking dd's out of my acc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Cancel the DD and pay 3 on a manual basis from now on, and like culabula suggests, keep using them.

I don't see any risk to you, and the service is at least working for you.

legs11 wrote:
    ok, my 5th post........

why should i pay a cancel fee, funk that, they are treating me like piss.

Because you signed a contract.

• Advertisement

ned78 wrote:
    Because you signed a contract.

I think legs11 feels that 3 are not living up to their side of the contract, for example there seems to have been some kind of billing mess up, or so he says.

That doesn't matter a damn. He signed up for a minimum time period, and if he wants out before that period, he will be liable for the remaining months service.

ned78 wrote:
    That doesn't matter a damn. He signed up for a minimum time period, and if he wants out before that period, he will be liable for the remaining months service.

Unless the other party is not holding up to their side of the contract...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

but at that point lawyers will probably have to be involved and in the meantime they'll hang onto the number he wants to keep

They are providing their side of the contract, he has a service he's using. The billing is the issue here, and that's correctable, and no doubt, there are allowances made for billing errors in the contract he signed.

I read in another thread that the usage charges are extraordinarily high because the OP was downloading entire series of TV Shows over 3's network. Not sure which is true, are 3 at fault? Is the OP at fault? I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭smartblaa

Hi.
    I can tell you from my own personal experience working on the CS side of telecommunications that a number port from three to o2 will FAIL to go through. If three aren't entirely happy that your account situation is resolved then they won't allow the number off the network...it's their way of hanging on to you.

On o2's side, they will get an error saying that three will not release the number.

No chance of holdin onto number without three being happy ... even if your complaint is valid.

...... Ps. Sort it out fast! Ignoring/Sending back sims will only result in debt collectors letters and possible implications on your credit rating.

As smartblaa said 3 will probably not release the number.
    Again speaking from CS experience 3 are notoriously slow to release numbers.

btw 3 were not clear to port any numbers at all for most of today:D

if i cancel dd by my bank tomorrow, how can i go about paying 'manually'?

they are deffo NOT holding up thier side of the contract. i was NOT downloading whole tv shows, i downloaded about 4 gig maybe when i first got the card, mayb a gig over the limit.

but only cos when i was monitoring my usage they were sending back an incorrect figure, instead of having xxxxx bytes left, i was actually in the red. or going over my limit, didnt know this until a week later.

so, its not my fault it 3 cant monitor or provide an utility to control data usage.

since feb i have done funk all downloads, i am only connecting at 3g speed and it (nokia n73) constantly disconnects, so just web usage.

is that very hard for people to understand.?

legs11 wrote:

they are deffo NOT holding up thier side of the contract. i was NOT downloading whole tv shows, i downloaded about 4 gig maybe when i first got the card, mayb a gig over the limit.

but only cos when i was monitoring my usage they were sending back an incorrect figure, instead of having xxxxx bytes left, i was actually in the red. or going over my limit, didnt know this until a week later.

so, its not my fault it 3 cant monitor or provide an utility to control data usage.

since feb i have done funk all downloads, i am only connecting at 3g speed and it (nokia n73) constantly disconnects, so just web usage.

Personally..im hearing you loud and clear!! :D
    I take it that you're on the new 3GB plan from Three.
    I was considering it myself earlier, but opted for the so-called "unlimited" tariff from vodafone...reason being..is that I suspected that with Three's capped usage, i'd be raped with charges.

Bandwidth meters supplied within the manager software on all data tariffs are NOTORIOUSLY INACCURATE, and should be used only as a very approximate guideline. I would be willing to bet that the usage details three are quoting you...are correct. Whenever unsure about usage..ring CS.

What I will say though legs11 is that you need to approach this situation in the right way...

By mailing back the equipment, you're not exactly trying to resolve the situation...more like trying to wash your hands of it!

Ring Customer Service... ask to speak with a Supervisor. If there's none available..ask for a callback. Explain your situation, and if there is an error to be acknowledged..that'll be that. If it is all your own usage, then there's nothin you can do except stump up and accept it as a valuable lesson to read the t&c's beforehand.

Obviously you'd love for someone to be able to wave a magic wand ... but the only way to get it sorted is thru CS..not here

*rant over*

legs11 wrote:

It isn't hard to understand but.......

You did download whole TV shows, maybe not entire series. But usually each download comes with advice as to what the size of the file is. I downloaded the entire series of Ugly Betty the other day -each show was about 345mb.

It's simple arithmetic to work out therefore how many shows it would take you to push you over the 3GB limit.

Therefore you ran up a considerable bill all by yourself that had nothing to do with 3's monitoring of your usage -and then they pulled the plug which stopped you and alerted you to your overspend -IIRC from your first thread.

Where the current bill of 1600 euro has come from I don't know, but it is worth objecting to both on teething and moral grounds.

Your 3G usage with the N73 notwithstanding, it seems to me that this bill dates from your first unmonitored usage and is hanging over you since then. You said they agreed to waive it -this is what you must pursue.

Sincerely hope you get it sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

ya man, its fine. im sure they will sort it out but its taking eternity.

i mean, i am just using the n73 now and its rubbish.

so, if i cancel my dd payments (use dd for my voice and data packages), what options have i?

i am not letting 3 fcuk my bank around over their error, and yes, that huge bill does date back to feb, which they waived (got 39e bills for feb and march.....)

so any tips on how to pay then, sending sims might be bad alright.

postpoint, online banking, laser,credit card, atm machine

ya man, its fine. im sure they will sort it out but its taking eternity.

i mean, i am just using the n73 now and its rubbish.

so, if i cancel my dd payments (use dd for my voice and data packages), what options have i?

i am not letting 3 fcuk my bank around over their error, and yes, that huge bill does date back to feb, which they waived (got 39e bills for feb and march.....)

so any tips on how to pay then, sending sims might be bad alright.

What I am getting at is this: does it really matter if it takes an eternity or until hell freezes over? If the bill is there but is not being taken from you -then, so what? Clearly they haven't taken it in Feb or March, so what are you worried about?

Don't send the SIMs back -you will leave yourself without a leg to stand on.

I don't know about 3 Ireland: is it not possible like an O2 or Voodoo shop to just walk in with your bill and pay it on the spot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭maxitwist

culabula wrote:
    Three, me backside! hahaha.

Can I ask you have they taken your money? if no, then what do you care? Keep using the service and pay what you owe, not the obscene amount they wish to charge you. I doubt if sending everything back is going to endear you to them one way or the other.

so true!

Advertisement