Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edge Presents The Art Of Videogames

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I might have bought it, but, because you used the word "Spiffy"

I shall not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

*Sees RE4 in the list of featured game*

Right that's me sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Timans wrote:
    I might have bought it, but, because you used the word "Spiffy"

I shall not.

Spiffy is a perfectly cromulent word.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I feel embiggened by this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I betcha they'll be trying to charge like €12 for this or something silly.

• Advertisement

It only cost me €7, even though the price on the front is £8, which should make it about €10 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Creature wrote:
    It only cost me €7, even though the price on the front is £8, which should make it about €10 or so.
    Shag, I paid €14.45... and I'm still not sure it's entirely worth it.

I kind of wish that it had focused on fewer games (quality over quantity). And the art dips between good concept drawings & bad marketing CGI, so I'd advise a look inside before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Creature wrote:
    Where did you get it for €7?

Donaghmede shopping centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Any magazine about videogame art that doesnt have an article about either sotc or ico, doesnt deserve to be published.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah that's pretty disappointing, no SOTC or Ico, no Zelda either. A few odd choices (Burnout? TDU? GRAW? WTF!). Nice to see they didn't ignore Killer 7 though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bought it, being a bit of an artist myself, felt a bit cheated, as said, no ICO, SOTC or Metroid Prime, three of the most beautiful games out there, too much on racing games, not enough on Rez and Bioshock, the Okami stuff was nice, all the more shocking that the in game footage looks even better!
    Ah well, such is life.

Yeah I was a bit puzzled about the lack of Zelda. Still though it does say on the front cover that it's "volume 1" so I suppose that means there'll be more to come.

Advertisement