Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Bravia Series

• 26-04-2007 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I am picking a new flatscreen tv and want one a new Sony Bravia set.
    The problem is in the shop it's quite difficult to tell the difference between the quality. I had decided on the 40" W series from reviews on the web but looking at it in the shop I didn't see much difference between that and the S series and actually thought the colours looked better on the V series... :confused:
    The prices are around:
    40S - £1095
    40V - £1495
    40W - £1790

Note that all the prices are in sterling. There is a huge difference between £1095 and £1790 and the W series is the only one to do full 1080p.
    The question is: will I really notice the difference between the S and the others and is it worth the price difference?
    It'll be used for watching movies with a progressive scan DVD player with up-scaling (which will be replaced with a HD-DVD or Blueray player once prices come down and there's more content out there).
    Any first-hand experience with these different tellys would be greatfully received.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

hey dubstub, I have a Sony 40S2010, one of the previous installment of Sony Bravias, I am very happy with the purchase so far. The picture was a little bit off for me when I initially set it up but with the right picture settings it looks great. I've watched HD DVD and PS3 on the set and both look very very good.

My aerial connection doesn't display great quality, which is to be expected, but the picture from Sky (just the basic not HD) connected is scart is pretty decent.

One problem I have with it already is that there aren't many connection on my TV, only 1 HDMI and one Component in, both of which are in use and I woul like to add more equipment now so I may need to find a switcher. The newer versions of this model have 2 HDMI's so they go some way to helping the situation.

Advertisement