Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay trap advice

Options
  • 26-04-2007 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guy, I want to get in some clay practise over the summer since most things are out of season. There is some land near me with loads of space which I am allowed use.

Preferably I would like one that can throw 2 clays at once. And can fire them fairly fast as well as being able to just lob them up.
    How much would I need to save up to get a good one.
    And if you could recommend some shops in the Midwest to Midlands area that would be great. Second hand is also ok once it's in good condition.
    I'm in North Tipp but am prepared to travel for better value.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Sharpie

Are you looking for something automatic or manual?

The Bowman traps are good all rounders. A few of us who shoot clays together have used a manual one like the one at the link below and can send doubles out to a respectable distance.

http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/products_detail.asp?productID=652

It cost somewhere around €550 I think.

There are cheaper ones right down to about €80 which you stick in the ground but doubles at any distance are out of the question with those.

Something in the middle is this one http://www.gunaccessories.com/Trius/TT3.asp - grand with singles, but not great of the doubles though but I have seen them around for around €250.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I was looking for a manual one. The trius looks ok. €300 is probably my max budget. Any recommendation's on shops?

Advertisement