Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

which Dell monitor?

• 26-04-2007 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

(thanks for previous replys)

The Dell Dimension 9200 I'm giving serious consideration to, comes with the following 20" wide aspect LCD monitor 'included in price'.

E207WFP
    1680 x 1050 pixels
    800:1 contrast ratio and up to 300 cd/m²
    5ms response time
    DVI with HDCP support
    Dot Pitch : 0.258 mm (Pixel Pitch)

for an extra e130 they'll throw in this UltraSharp version

UltraSharp 2007WFP
    1680 x 1050 pixels
    16ms response time

Visually the specs are very similiar. The UltraSharp version has slightly better toys but my main concern is the 16ms response time as opposed to the 5ms
    with the cheaper version. The reviews on the dell.ie are positive for both monitors but I suspected this! I've read that for gaming/video, a response time of 8ms or less is desirable (monitor will be used for this purpose).

On dell.ie the E207WFP is priced at e310 the UltraSharp at e473!

What do ye guys think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The Ultrasharp 2007WFP is the one to go for despite the specifications it's response time is somewhere around 6-8ms there is a user review here with more info and screenshots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

rob523 wrote:
    (thanks for previous replys)

The Dell Dimension 9200 I'm giving serious consideration to, comes with the following 20" wide aspect LCD monitor 'included in price'.

E207WFP
    1680 x 1050 pixels
    5ms response time
    DVI with HDCP support

for an extra e130 they'll throw in this UltraSharp version

UltraSharp 2007WFP
    1680 x 1050 pixels
    16ms response time

Visually the specs are very similiar. The UltraSharp version has slightly better toys but my main concern is the 16ms response time as opposed to the 5ms
    with the cheaper version. The reviews on the dell.ie are positive for both monitors but I suspected this! I've read that for gaming/video, a response time of 8ms or less is desirable (monitor will be used for this purpose).

On dell.ie the E207WFP is priced at e310 the UltraSharp at e473!

What do ye guys think?

What did you go for in the end, may i aks, am think of getting the UltraSharp 2007WFP just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The way response times are measured for monitor specs along with the methods that manufacturers have used to reduce them mean that I now effectively ignore them once they are below a reasonable threshold. Unless you are buying a monitor purely to game with you are far better off finding a number of good reviews of the monitors you are interested in.

Advertisement