Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

audacity problem

Options
  • 26-04-2007 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

hey guys

just said i'd check with one of ye guys before i ask on other forums...

basically i'm having difficulty recording tracks with this software, i have other tracks recorded from yesterday and they are perfect but once i started recording today it is coming through really distorted and extremely load volumes(to the point that the audio track that i'm recording is completely filling the screen up blue),now i tried to fix it by lowering the mic level with no joy, now i know its something small that i'm doing rong is there anyone that knows the score here at all??

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

You need to lower the volume of your microphone in volume control or turn the microphone boost off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

yup! tried both and no joy, oh well.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

sorted it out

it was the microphone boost to a certain extent!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Yeah, it's really only for when you're talking on TeamSpeak/Ventrilo/Skype or whatever kids use today, don't record with it! *covers ears*

Advertisement