Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tequila beer

• 26-04-2007 7:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a bar and or offie selling Salitos or Desporados tequila beer?

S.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

McHughs on the Killbarrack Road and on the Malahide Road have it in stock at the mo...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

The off licence on the main street in Swords, same side as Clarkes newsagent, near the Plaza sells it. One of the nicest beers I've tasted.

....Note to self, pick up some Desperados on way home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Don't know how anyone can drink it, I tried Desperados before and only managed half a can...Couldn't finish it as I was on the verge of puking. Is there a trick or something that needs to be added to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

it has to be cold, and you already have to be fairly drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Ahh it's lovely stuff, very refreshing, great on a summers day....[drool]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I really have to try this! People keep coming into the offie and asking for it but I don't even know who supplies it.

It doesn't sound nice... I mean, tequila isn't really nice, I can't imagine it adding to the flavour of a beer. Still, if ye think it's rockin' then I'll have to try some.

Might even pop out to McHughs if I had any idea where all those roads were

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

DarkJager wrote:
    Don't know how anyone can drink it, I tried Desperados before and only managed half a can...Couldn't finish it as I was on the verge of puking. Is there a trick or something that needs to be added to it?

You're a better man than I am, I only managed a mouthful and spat it out immediately. It's the vilest liquid masquerading as beer I've ever tasted, and that includes Budweiser.

Sounds like an aul "buy 1 for the craic" kinda beer. What's the %?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Yeap , bought 1 for the craic in Spain , did not appeal to me in the slightest , it is like the sangria of the beer world . I had to wash the taste out of my mouth 27c 6 pack of the local san miguel ;) . It should be Desperate not Desperado. Btw the percentage is pretty much the normal as I remember 5.5 area or maybe a wee bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 biaduit

Desperado is scary - I had one a few weeks ago in France and I was dying the next day (although the 2 bottles of wine I drank earlier in the evening might have had something to do with that).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

I really have to try this! People keep coming into the offie and asking for it but I don't even know who supplies it.
    Eurobeers supply desperados...
    Might even pop out to McHughs if I had any idea where all those roads were
    The Malahide road one is in Artane and the Killbarrack Road one is in Raheny...

Eurobeers? Yeah we deal with them, must say it to the boss man and see if he'll get some in. I went to Redmonds tonight (great offie, really top class) and tried some. On the back it says it's got 75% tequila in it, but it definitly doesn't taste like it.
    It's really just like a slightly stronger Corona with a shot of lime cordial. It was a bit sweet for a thirst quencher, but it wasn't unpleasant at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Eurobeers? Yeah we deal with them, must say it to the boss man and see if he'll get some in. I went to Redmonds tonight (great offie, really top class) and tried some. On the back it says it's got 75% tequila in it, but it definitly doesn't taste like it.
    It's really just like a slightly stronger Corona with a shot of lime cordial. It was a bit sweet for a thirst quencher, but it wasn't unpleasant at all.
    No, as far as I know 75% of the added flavouring is tequila, but the added flavouring may only constitute 5-10% of the drink, the rest being beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

You're a better man than I am, I only managed a mouthful and spat it out immediately. It's the vilest liquid masquerading as beer I've ever tasted, and that includes Budweiser.

Blasphmey!

Excellent beer 'specially in the hot weather.

No, as far as I know 75% of the added flavouring is tequila, but the added flavouring may only constitute 5-10% of the drink, the rest being beer

Ah is that it? It just has Tequila (75%) or something like that so I was unsure.Makes more sense then really.

I dunno about having it as a warm weather beer... it's a bit too sweet imo for such a task

• Registered Users Posts: 11 williefitz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Apollord

Salitos is a very good beer! Im not a huge fan of desperados but My local off-licence, "Slainte" sells both, and at a good price, i think salitos is only 1 euro a bottle. Its based in Stillorgan Village, GREAT place, they do alot of rare world beers and stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Ah Desperados...

I was in an uber pretentious night club in Paris called "The Garden of Eden". It's only €20 in (I think) and you can drink free champagne until 8 pm. Of course, I only arrived at 7.50 pm.

The only beer they had for sale was Desperados. €10 a pop. I thought it was OK, but I was desperate, and would imagine it's fairly gross when you have other options!

The off licence on Aungier Street (near Dublin Business School) sells it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Devaneys in Rathmines have it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Whelans offie on Wexford St. sells it too (desperados).....well they did pre-christmas anyways, havent been in there lately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 y2jay

Hollands in Bray sells it too!

Zaph wrote: »
    It's the vilest liquid masquerading as beer I've ever tasted, and that includes Budweiser.

No, that would be newcastle brown ale. DISGUSTING.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Newkie Brown is weird: terrible from the can, but great from the bottle, by the neck, on a hot afternoon.

Ahh, guilty pleasures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

My fella brought back loads of that from the pub one night, he really loves the stuff... I think it's alright and nice to have a change of something to drink now and again. It has a nice taste to it.

Advertisement