Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl Bb

Options
  • 26-04-2007 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I am gonna get NTL BB into the house, but before i do was gonna ask here how people find it, am from Dublin 16 so maybe people from the locality and close by(dunno if location is really a factor tho) can advise on how they find the service.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

you might not get too many replies - I'm in Dublin 16 and our cable was only broadband enabled a couple of weeks ago. I plan to sign up for it too - hopefully the fact that the area has only recently been connected will mean the service is better !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I know from friends in the area that parts of D16 have had NTL for over 4 years
    (and they are suffering with all the recent NTL gripes mentioned in this forum
    under the other threads discussing the problems with NTL customer service and
    traffic shaping). Unless UPC sort out the current mess that was previously
    known as NTL I'd look elsewhere if I was you. They are signing up customers
    like crazy with no improvement in infrastructure to handle the capacity - resulting
    in them putting in traffic shaping to try and firefight the contention issues.
    And as for UPC (NTL) customer service.. it'd be less painful circumcising yourself
    with a pair of rusty nail clippers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Given the problems with NTL at the moment and with no communications at all from them about any possible improvement in the near future it might be worth considering dsl broadband if you already have a phone line installed. Afaik most dsl contracts are for a minimum of six months and if NTL/UPC improve you could always join them at the end of the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Wouldn't recommend them at all. From best provider by a distance to quite possibly the very worst, all in about 6 months.

I hope they're reading this so as they pull the finger out.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

mollser wrote:
    Wouldn't recommend them at all. From best provider by a distance to quite possibly the very worst, all in about 6 months.

I hope they're reading this so as they pull the finger out.:mad:

Yeah, I agree. It's such a pity as they were once so good.
    :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement