Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buckled Alloy

Options
  • 26-04-2007 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a good garage to get an alloy repaired?

I hit a very bad pothole and the alloy was balanced afterwards,but its now vibrating through the steering wheel after a few weeks of driving. The rim front and back are not perfectly circular, but not cracked. I’ve been told I can get it rolled back into shape? Is this correct?

Preferably Garages in the Munster area.

Cheers.

E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

There is a guy form the Carrigaline road, just outside Douglas Village, Leo Whelan who operates a mobile alloy wheel repair service. He has the equipment to repair buckles & will repair kerb rash, etc.
    I've lost his number just at the minute. He does soe work for a lot of the main dealers. I met him in Johnson & Perrots garage in Mahon Point, he hadjust done a job on an alloy on a Honda Accord, didn't look too bad.
    Will try to dig out the number, failing that try talking to one of the sales guys in J&P to see if they will give you the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

in general most tyre shops will have this machine.. think its around 50 quid to get an alloy wheel repaired

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd also have the track rods checked incase there was damage done.

This guy is in Cahir, Co Tipp if that is close to you:

www.daltontyres.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Cheers Lads, yes the car needs a service in about 1500miles time, so will get the mechanic to check all the suspension parts. f%%king Irish roads! They should be the best roads in Europe considering the motor related money we give the government every year.:mad:

I should have taken a picture, but just wasn't thinking straight at the time, was more interested in damage to the wheel/suspension.

The roads are a disgrace - buckled my alloys too, anyone know anywhere in west dublin or east kildare that fix buckles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

The roads are a disgrace - buckled my alloys too, anyone know anywhere in west dublin or east kildare that fix buckles?

I've used these before and the service wasn't bad,
    http://www.re-auto.com/

I believe this crowd offer it as a service:-
    Aluweld Ltd Unit 1 Blackhorse Ind Est Blackhorse Ave Dublin Tel: 01- 8681100

Thanks for that DublinDilbert - did you have a buckle repaired? How much should I expect to pay? Whereabouts in Maynooth is it?

Advertisement