Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Osasuna vs Sevilla eh wtf?

• 26-04-2007 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

lol

Anyone watching :confused:

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

KdjaCL wrote:
    lol

Anyone watching :confused:

kdjac

Whats happened kdjac?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

# 72' Back underway anyway!
    # 71' Here comes the fourth official... finally! No sign of Braamhaar, who must have been taken ill... that still doesn't explain why his replacement took seven minutes to get ready though... all very strange...
    # 70' Braamhaar is no stranger to controversy this season... it was the Dutchman who refereed Lille v Manchester United, when the French team walked off... and then he was caught on camera celebrating a PSV Eindhoven goal...
    # 69' No sign of any officials at the moment... where is the fourth official? Surely he should have been ready to come back on in the event of injury to the ref... the players are all out on the pitch now, keeping warm by kicking several balls around...
    # 68' On his way off, referee Braamhaar ripped his earpiece off in what looked like anger... maybe this isn't anything to do with injury at all...
    # 67' All is made clear... it looks like the referee's got a problem... he limped off, and for some reason another official called the players off...
    # 66' How bizarre... the players suddenly decided to walk off the pitch... not sure if it was player-led or management-led.... this is strange...
    # 65' What's going on here? The Sevilla players have suddenly walked off the pitch! And they're off down the tunnel! WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

I dont know :confused:

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Damn sounds like I missed a good 'un! There was no end of stupid tackling and attempts at foul play by the sound of it.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

He was limping then running fine :confused:

Imo Osasuna were all over Sevilla and it looked like it was going to be tie over in the 1st leg, They had just scored and were going to score more. Then the ref stops the game fr 7 minutes and Osasuna obviously lost their impetus and the game finished 1-0.

To me it looks seriously dodgy considering his previous games this season.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Worse Sevilla performance I've ever seen. Defensively, they were an absolute mess. With the exception of Alves, they were equally poor going forward. Despite being the inferior team, Osasuna were up for the game and relied on their motivation to win. If only Osasuna had taken another one of their chances and made it 2-0, I would have tipped them to go through. As it stands though, I don't think 1-0 is enough to take to Sevilla.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Bloody hell. That sounds absolutely mental. Make for good watching on sky sports news in the morning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The other semi was a 3-0 win by Espanyol over Werder Bremen.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

suprised Bremen lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

how the feck is he still allowed to ref matches after celebrating the goal. I thought there would have being a huge investigation after that. Definitely something dodgy going on with him with all these incidents in the last 6 months or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

mike65 wrote:
    The other semi was a 3-0 win by Espanyol over Werder Bremen.

Mike.
    :eek:
    Glad I didn't back Bremen when the got knocked out of the CL. Although I guess it isn't beyond them either, just very unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

how the feck is he still allowed to ref matches after celebrating the goal. I thought there would have being a huge investigation after that. Definitely something dodgy going on with him with all these incidents in the last 6 months or so.
    The same happened a few years ago in a liverpool match - the ref played an advantage, and at teh end of the move, liverpool scored, and the ref was seen celebrating. Said, just like this guy, that he was just happy he had made the right decision. I think the incident in the Ajax game has been blown out of proportion by some people - the goal he celebrated made it 5-0; given that there was no talk of favourable of dodgy decisions during the game, i can only presume it was reffed fairly to this point, so its hardly like he screwed PSV over.

I hate the way ref's get it off some fans for no reason - such as Kim Milton Neilson, or Anders Frisk - both excellent refs (or former refs) that got criticised far too much.

I believe it is the same with this guy. The Ajax incident was nothing, and its not like he did anything wrong in the Lille vs United game either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Its not as if all these incidents happened over a few years, they've all happened in recent months. Im a Man Utd supporter as I was delighted he gave that goal against Lille but an awful lot of refs wouldnt have gave that. So I dont think its just coincidence. What do you accept the Referee to say when they celebrate a goal? there hardly gonna say anything else that they were celebrating a correct decision! The incident last night was probably just an injury but I wouldnt want him refereeing in a match a team I liked were invloved in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

This is the same ref in action ;)

happyref.gif

Advertisement