Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Turning up a day early for NCT

Options
  • 26-04-2007 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi,

I have my NCT booked for next Monday, but something came up at work and I cannot make it then. I want to get NCT done asap, and would consider turning up at NCT centre tomorrow in the hope of no shows/late cancellations. Has anybody ever tried this? The NCT centre is Deansgrange. I really don't want to cancel and wait 4 weeks for another appointment as i want to sell the car. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

That would be 3 days early. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Try ringing them every once and a while to see if theres been a cancilation that you can fill

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If you call without an appointment they will, most likely, turn you away. There is an outside chance that will test the car if they are quiet. TBH, your best bet is to reschedule the appointment.

As others have said, ringing to look for a cancellation may get you an earlier test - don't forget to cancel your original appointment so as someone else can get your cancellation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Just ring them tommorrow, they might have a cancellation for next week sometime.you might be lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Very unlikely I'd say but no harm trying. My experience of the NCTS is they are not at all flexible when it comes to bookings. Who can blame them as if they were flexible people would just abuse the system and the whole thing would be a shambles.

Also if you don't turn up on Monday or cancel now, you will have to pay a cancellation fee when you do take the car for the test. IIRC the cancellation fee is 27 quid on top of the test fee of 49 quid. You need to give 5 working days notice before cancelling to avoid a cancellation fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

BrianD3 wrote:
    You need to give 5 working days notice before cancelling to avoid a cancellation fee.

unless you give the excuse you're sick or have a sick child and can't bring the car!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Get a friend to bring the car?

Advertisement