Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live Gold for 37 euros!

• 26-04-2007 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Here are instructions on how to get Xbox Live gold for 37 euros (the normal price is 59.95).

Credit card required and this only works for new signups, and will renew at the same price every year :)

Logout of any live accounts you may have.
    goto System -> Console Settings -> Locale, change to United States.

Join xbox live, when prompted select country United States,
    Enter the first line of your address as normal,

City: Beverly Hills
    State: California
    Zip: 90210

You will now be given the price in US dollars, which is $49.95, about 37 euros.

Might not work on credit cards that are issued by UK banks as they may have address verifcation system (AVS) but irish card like AIB works fine.
    Change locale back to Ireland when your done.

Enjoy :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Great thinking, I never thought of this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Cool! How much does it cost if bought with the locale set to Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I bought a subscription on Ebay for about 26 euro so I think I will stick to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Dman001 wrote:
    I bought a subscription on Ebay for about 26 euro so I think I will stick to that.

Ditto...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Only problem with Ebay is they all seem to be 12+1 subs now, no normal 12 month ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Yeah, no cheap subs to be found on ebay anymore, might try this tommorrow, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Cool, definitely going to give this one a try. Sound out:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

mcgovern wrote:
    Yeah, no cheap subs to be found on ebay anymore, might try this tommorrow, thanks!

Let us know if it works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

mcgovern wrote:

You already have an account. Useful tip for people that are new to the 360 and/or Xbox Live, but for everyone else it's not much use :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Not to be a smart arse or anything but this worked for me since day one. It woeks more easily if your hotmail is also listed as the same address. They are trying to crack down on it though.

koneko wrote:
    You already have an account. Useful tip for people that are new to the 360 and/or Xbox Live, but for everyone else it's not much use :(

Does it only work if you've never signed upto Xbox Live before or if you've never signed up through Xbox Live (my last gold sub I bought off play.com).

mcgovern wrote:
    Does it only work if you've never signed upto Xbox Live before or if you've never signed up through Xbox Live (my last gold sub I bought off play.com).

This method only works on new accounts as you're tricking it into thinking you're in the US (and thus pay US price). If you already bought a sub before, your account will have already gone online and is presumably set as an Irish account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

Just curious would this work?

If i set up a new profile on my xbox, and get this 1 year sub. Does this mean i can go back to my first profile and play on xbox live since there is a profile on my machine that has a sub or does each profile have to have its own sub?

Subs are for profiles (so your account is normally Silver, if you have a sub it's Gold), not consoles, so that won't work.

koneko wrote:
    This method only works on new accounts as you're tricking it into thinking you're in the US (and thus pay US price). If you already bought a sub before, your account will have already gone online and is presumably set as an Irish account.

Bah humbug :(
    Thanks for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

What's with the 12+1 month subscriptions? Why won't they work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

Makaveli wrote:
    Only problem with Ebay is they all seem to be 12+1 subs now, no normal 12 month ones.

What is it with these subs, that they wont work for us here in ireland?

EDIT: Just saw the post above. Sorry:o :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

I haven't bought a Gold Sub before but have used the trial one month one's etc... Would I be able to do this?

Vyse wrote:
    What's with the 12+1 month subscriptions? Why won't they work?

It seems these ones only work for first time subscribers also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

AFAIK the dont work here at all, not even for first time sign up

Cheers for the info NiSmO.
    koneko wrote:
    This method only works on new accounts as you're tricking it into thinking you're in the US (and thus pay US price).
    Doing this wouldn't lock you into using American servers for online gaming, would it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

XBL is a peer-to-peer based gaming service. Multiplayer games are hosted by someone rather than it being on a server. The download server (demos and arcade games etc.) might be region based, but I doubt it'd hold up downloads much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Sory but is there a 2 month xbox live sub one can buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

3 month and 12 month are the ones available in the shops. I think you can pay per month through the xbox itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

3 month and 12 month are the ones available in the shops. I think you can pay per month through the xbox itself.

What he said. :D

There used to be 2 month free trials available but this was for the original Xbox. They used to come free with selected games. If you have a credit/debit card then you can pay for Xbox Live straight from your console. You have the choice to pay the full €60 at once or €5 per month.

Gameplay or Play usually do deals on subscriptions. I thought I would also point out that the 12 month subscriptions from the original Xbox still work on the 360. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Looks like sigining up and setting your region to US might be a bad idea !

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=76020

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭EricM

Likely they will just stop the ability to create new accounts, cutting people off would put them in violation of visa/mastercard agreements for not providing service.

EricM wrote:
    Likely they will just stop the ability to create new accounts, cutting people off would put them in violation of visa/mastercard agreements for not providing service.
    Their terms of service small print may have them covered.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just to update Ya'll.

If you have your membership set to US and have already used your trial on XBOX Live this will work.

I used my Irish CC and a Beverly hills address and I got the gold membership :D

Cheers OP

Mik

Advertisement