Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Howw much is speeding fine

Options
  • 26-04-2007 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

The gard didnt tell me, just said to pay it and ill get 2 penalty points. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Depends on how bad probly 50-120

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

As far as i can remember i think its 80 euro.I have bloody paid loads of them and cant even remember at this satge :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Depends on how bad probly 50-120

Depends on how much I was speeding? Really? Doing 70km in a 50km zone.. how much is that :P what happens if ya ignore it? I actually cant afford 80 euro, I'm completely skint. <---- Student. I'd rather do a day or 2 in jail than pay it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

If ye ignor it youll be summend to court

Depends on how much I was speeding? Really? Doing 70km in a 50km zone.. how much is that :P what happens if ya ignore it?

If you ignore it then it would be 120.
    Did you not get the ticket from guard.if not then you should get it in the post.How can you pay a fine without a ticket :confused:

• Advertisement

It was only this evening, he didnt give me anything just handed my license back to me. How long does it take the 2 points to expire off my license? 6 months?

It was only this evening, he didnt give me anything just handed my license back to me. How long does it take the 2 points to expire off my license? 6 months?

Not 6 months its 3 years

****ers :-S

****ers :-S

I know, are these your only points or you have more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

drdre wrote:
    If you ignore it then it would be 120.
    Did you not get the ticket from guard.if not then you should get it in the post.How can you pay a fine without a ticket :confused:

The gardai don't give out tickets anymore. The gardai send it to a central office in capel st dublin who then send it on to u!

€80 and two penalty points or €120 and 4 penalty points if convicted in court

it doesn't matter how fast u were going its still €80

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Its €80 and 2 points if you pay in the first 28 days from when the notice is sent out to you if it runs on for another 28 days the fine runs to €120 and 4 points and after that it goes to summons and court

and what happens if u don't pay the €120 ?

NBar wrote:
    Its €80 and 2 points if you pay in the first 28 days from when the notice is sent out to you if it runs on for another 28 days the fine runs to €120 and 4 points and after that it goes to summons and court

Yes this information is accurate, so wait for your notice

Sigh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

If you don't pay the €80 you'll get a summons to appear in court. The fine will rise, don't know how much, plus you'll get 4 penalty points instead of 2. You will also have to notify your insurance company of the penalty points which will most likely see your premium increase.

Just wondering, how can you afford to drive a car, yet not afford an €80 fine?

I'm in college

I'm in college

Im a student, but thats life.If you speed you pay the expense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Slightly O/T but I have to say I really disagree with the way the system is setup to punish you more harshly if you "dare" to go to court. It just makes it seem like yet another cynical revenue exercise as presumably most people will just pay the €80 and take the 2 points rather than risk it - even where there may be legitimate grounds to do so (it does happen y'know).

Of course I also disagree with a system that allows a Garda's "word" to be taken as gospel (particularly as the quality/standard within the force is so inconsistent - I'm being generous but "corrupt", "lazy" and "incompetent" would also apply to too many of the boys n girls from Templemore), as opposed to them having to prove you are guilty (eg: with video footage like you see on all those Police Stop shows from the US/UK), but that's another argument I suppose.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'm in college
    So what - that doesn't answer the question!
    Being in a position where you can afford to drive does not cover fuel only. It covers all items including any potential fines!
    Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Slightly O/T but I have to say I really disagree with the way the system is setup to punish you more harshly if you "dare" to go to court. It just makes it seem like yet another cynical revenue exercise as presumably most people will just pay the €80 and take the 2 points rather than risk it - even where there may be legitimate grounds to do so (it does happen y'know).
    The punishment is 4 points actually but you get 50% off if you opt not to go to court to free up court time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

actually cant afford 80 euro
    Poor you. Why not sell the car then? You'd get a wad of cash as well as saving insurance, tax, maintenance...and fines.
    I'd rather do a day or 2 in jail than pay it to be honest.
    WTF?! If that's what your willing to do, there's sure to be some hot dudes in Phoenix Park who'll give you 80 blips in return for some prison-like "services" :rolleyes:

Sorry but this attitude of "im skint" doesnt wash when you are a vehicle owner. If there is fuel in your car, you're hardly skint unless you get topped up by the fuel fairy at every station.

• Advertisement

Savman wrote:
    Poor you. Why not sell the car then? You'd get a wad of cash as well as saving insurance, tax, maintenance...and fines.

WTF?! If that's what your willing to do, there's sure to be some hot dudes in Phoenix Park who'll give you 80 blips in return for some prison-like "services" :rolleyes:

Sorry but this attitude of "im skint" doesnt wash when you are a vehicle owner. If there is fuel in your car, you're hardly skint unless you get topped up by the fuel fairy at every station.

Excellent, Im a student and have a car.If you are so skint they why have it in the first place.Thats life and you take on these things why you buy a car.
    If you got clamped would you not get it declamped ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'd rather do a day or 2 in jail than pay it to be honest.

Brilliant. End up with a record, and not be able to travel to the States. Fantastic indeedy.

ned78 wrote:
    Brilliant. End up with a record, and not be able to travel to the States. Fantastic indeedy.

Yep you are right, you cant go to the states if you have a record

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Save yourself even more money by not speeding, apart for the fines, you will also save petrol.

Can't beleive 2 pages in and nobady has mentioned

"Don't Speed"

Must be a high horse holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Save yourself even more money by not speeding, apart for the fines, you will also save petrol.

Can't beleive 2 pages in and nobady has mentioned

"Don't Speed"

Must be a high horse holiday.
    LOL :D
    Ah they'll be along soon ;)

Advertisement