Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanna change flights with Ryanair. Will I get charged?

Options
  • 26-04-2007 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

I recently booked a one way flight with Ryanair from Shannon to London only to realise I wanna fly from Dublin because there is something I must go to Dublin the night before my flight. If Iwanna change this to a dublin flight will I be charged extra?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

beer4life wrote:
    I recently booked a one way flight with Ryanair from Shannon to London only to realise I wanna fly from Dublin because there is something I must go to Dublin the night before my flight. If Iwanna change this to a dublin flihjt will I be charged extra?

yep....they will charge....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Of course - no airline would do that for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

At least you will be hit with an administration charge

At worst You will lose your first flight and will have to pay for a new one

Its how they make their money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You'll probably be charged more to change the flight than you paid for the flight in the first place. Might be as well to just forget the first one and look for a cheap flight from Dublin, could work out better for you in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

A work colleague beside done a name change the other day and they wanted 100 euro to do it, presume it would be along the same line for a route change

Cant expect them to do it for free , who would

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

what a stupid question, ryanair not charging you .that will never happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

beer4life wrote:
    I recently booked a one way flight with Ryanair from Shannon to London only to realise I wanna fly from Dublin because there is something I must go to Dublin the night before my flight. If Iwanna change this to a dublin flight will I be charged extra?

All your questions answered here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Dr.Bunson

I had flights booked from Dublin to Gothenburg, and I needed to change to Malmo. It was cheaper for me to book brand new flights, than it was to change those, and they don't give money back. You're better off travelling with an airline that has a small bit of respect for their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I tried to change mine before.They wanted a €30 "change fee" (each way), and I would have also have to have paid any difference in ticket price.

So, €60 euro before you look.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

I made a bit of a balls of booking flights one hungover day, was going to Cork for the weekend from Dub and booked from Cork to Dub on the Fri with Ryanair and Dub to Cork on the Sun with Aer Arann - both were the wrong way...

I rang both of them within an hour of booking and they changed them with no charge... Maybe I just got someone on a good day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

[QUOTE=philcsl

I rang both of them within an hour of booking and they changed them with no charge... Maybe I just got someone on a good day![/QUOTE]

no you just have an airline that cares about service my mum flew manchester to derry she's a bit unsteady on her feet and was knackered walking to the checkin desks its miles at manchester. the check in girl said wait there and got her a porter with a wheelchair. would you have got that from any other airline ? i dont think so - i have alot of time for air arran i hope they can keep going the only prob with them is they chop and change the outes from the smaller airports they run a route for six months and dump it this years route is manchester to sligo gne in sept i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

philcsl wrote:
    I made a bit of a balls of booking flights one hungover day, was going to Cork for the weekend from Dub and booked from Cork to Dub on the Fri with Ryanair and Dub to Cork on the Sun with Aer Arann - both were the wrong way...

I rang both of them within an hour of booking and they changed them with no charge... Maybe I just got someone on a good day!

thats the key right there - I did something similar - autocomplete filled in the same name twice for a flight x2 - my sis is a travel agent, so I rang her to check and she said to ring them asap - had to pay a tenner, but if it was the next day, I would have had to pay a lot more - genuine mistake vs change of plans.

To be fair, this isn't a ryanair thing, in my experience most airlines would charge for this unless you were a high ranking loyalty card holder.

Advertisement