Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What diesel estate with 7 Seats

Options
  • 26-04-2007 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

I am looking at getting a diesel estate car with 7 seats. They two in the boot are really only emergency seats but that suits me fine - it'll mostly be used in 5 seat mode.

What are my options? The Audi A6 Avant 1.9tdi is top of the list at the moment (as an aside, can these seats be fitted as an aftermarket job). I know of the Merc E-Class and the Volvo but I was hoping to keep it under 2.0L. Is that it if you are not interested in jeeps and MPVs. Does anyone know of other 7 seater estate cars (not French)? Thanks for the help. :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Ford S-Max excellent handling as well

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Volvo V70 D5?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Fiat Doblo "Family" 1.3 JTD

(it's not French :D:D:D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tensecyclist

Ford Everest :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

very few of them out there I'm afraid and I think you've covered most of them.

I searched high and low for a good one a few months ago and eventually settled for a Corolla Verso diesel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

That's what I thought Lex, I'm sold on the shape of the estate though - I just cannot warm to the MPV style even though the S-Max and new Galaxy look really well. The budget won't stretch to the new Galaxy however. If the Avensis estate had the extra seats I'd be sold. I think its a lovely looking car especially in black with privacy glass.

Anyone else know if you can fit the extra seats to the A6 if you buy a 5 seater.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Volvo V70 T5 - if you can find one. If you're into diesel then the D5 is probably the best. But I must say, the T5 is great fun to drive but not great on the l/100km. The 2.0T Auto is a great car too.

Would you not consider a 5 Series Touring?

crosstownk wrote:
    Would you not consider a 5 Series Touring?

TBH I didn't know it came with 7 seats but if it does its going straight on my list.

BTW Diesel is important - currently commuting approx 500miles/week:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

TBH I didn't know it came with 7 seats but if it does its going straight on my list.

Actually, I can't say I've ever come across one with 7 seats - a quick Google didn't show anything either :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Old MB E class estate might have 7 seats but I'm not sure on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I've seen Mondeo estated with 7 seats on ebay. Only for kids though and they take up the boot.

Isn't there a 7 seat Peugout 307 estate, not that I would recommend buying french!

wingnut wrote:
    I've seen Mondeo estated with 7 seats on ebay. Only for kids though and they take up the boot.

I'll check it out - Thanks.

Thanks for all the replies. I figured I knew 'bout most of the 7 seater estates available but I just wanted to confirm.;)

Advertisement