Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ulster bank needs experienced staff

Options
  • 26-04-2007 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

just wondering are any of you ulster bank customers. Have been a customer for the past 10 years. There customer service is realy terrible lately. The counter staff don't have a clue. Trying to get anytime banking for the past 5 months with no suscess. Went in today to cancel a cashcard because a upgraded to a laser they didn't know what to do. In last week to send a credit transfer to a different country the cashier could not fill it out had to do it myself.
    Has anyone else expercienced similar problems

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'd send the feedback to your local branch and see what they have to say. If you don't tell them somethings wrong they won't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

tapjlk6 wrote:
    just wondering are any of you ulster bank customers. Have been a customer for the past 10 years. There customer service is realy terrible lately. The counter staff don't have a clue. Trying to get anytime banking for the past 5 months with no suscess. Went in today to cancel a cashcard because a upgraded to a laser they didn't know what to do. In last week to send a credit transfer to a different country the cashier could not fill it out had to do it myself.
    Has anyone else expercienced similar problems

I think it's down to the local branch management.

I too am a customer of Ulster Bank for around 10 years. In the good old days, my branch had a manager that was probably a Christian Brother in a previous life (or maybe he did the odd nixer). He was real old-school where you get down on your knees and literally begged for whatever you wanted.

A few years back, he was replaced by a woman who was the polar opposite - accommodating, warm, friendly and very customer-orientated.

So if you are not happy with the service, tell them to stick it and move on. It's not a big deal to have your accounts moved to another bank.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's not just branches, their mortgage department customer service is so bad that I'm moving my mortgage because I can no longer handle the sort of grief I have to put up with for even the simplest request. I was told that they attracted a lot of new mortgage business by offering low rates, but didn't recruit any new staff to deal with this extra business in order to keep costs down. Sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I moved to Ulster Bank when I came back from the UK just under a year ago as I know a few staff members in various branches..

I think their online banking is the worst I have ever seen tbh - but everything else is fine..

With modern banks, if you are having problems with phone monkeys or mupppets in branches always ask to speak to their boss. If in doubt write in a complaint, snail mail, address it to the most senior person you can get an address for.

Modern banks are all about customer satisfaction targets. Once senior person gets your letter you should have them throwing rose pettles in front of you as you walk into the branch to make you happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

if you are having problems with phone monkeys or mupppets in branches

Hardly responsible posting!!!!

I agree that you should write directly to the Branch or Area Manager.

In saying that, from my experience most of the younger people who take these jobs are only doing it for the CV or for a few months and dont really give a crap but that 'work ethic' is a topic for a different post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

SarahSassy wrote:
    In saying that, from my experience most of the younger people who take these jobs are only doing it for the CV or for a few months and dont really give a crap but that 'work ethic' is a topic for a different post.

I think that's a bit unfair actually. I work for a bank in the IFSC. We don't have a public office, but we do employ a lot of the same younger people that the likes of Ulster Bank employ. Sure, there is the odd one that really doesn't give a crap, but they don't last long. Our intake in the past year or two has been excellent, just about every one of them are conscientious and hard working. We have interviewed messers as well, but they don't get very far. There is good staff out there, it's the fault of the management of some of the banks (and there are a couple in particular I have in mind apart from Ulster Bank) that they just want to fill the numbers and don't take enough time to ensure the quality of their new staff. An inevitabe result is that these places have virtual revolving doors with huge staff turnover.

Advertisement