Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent Media Untruths

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭the hunter

:d

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

for 5 years in university i only ate meat that i'd caught or shot,i think thats fairly green?
    Bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

BryanL wrote:
    for 5 years in university i only ate meat that i'd caught or shot,i think thats fairly green?
    Bryan

Sounds good, I might give that a go when I move out for college next year. Better wait until I see what my room mates will be like first and what they think about having rabbits in the freezer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

just skin them first:eek: (rabbits not room mates)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

From the above replies I can’t help thinking that hunting is the preserve of the ill-informed, witless and largely illiterate. I wouldn’t let you have anything more dangerous than a crayon let alone a gun. Thanks for confirming my beliefs. Now you can all go back to telling each other how right you are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Do not feed the bothersome TROLL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

baronvontroll.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

That's right... anyone who disagrees with you is a troll. Is that a word you heard the grown-ups say?

Seriously, as a group, you're frighteningly stupid.

Yeah whatever...

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

Slaphead07 wrote:
    That's right... anyone who disagrees with you is a troll.

Well you are using the exact same argument, only worded differently.
    ill-informed, witless and largely illiterate.

You are categorising hunters with these genralisations just because they don't agree with you of fit into your little picture of how life should be. No one here is forcing hunting on you so why do you feel the need to come here and try force your views onto us ?

I don't think you understand life and the culture that exists outside of urban centres

• Advertisement

Delusional superiority complex perhaps???:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

:eek: oh please those big words me being ilit,ill,ilittt, oh ill just sign my firearms cert with an X

Gewash243! Y all can du dat fancee jyoined up writen??Yall relly got dat much skoolin?:D
    Sheesh,I juz puts ma tumb in de polises ink pot an smeers ma tumb prnt on de liscnnes papwer,.Or gits da wife,sun an dawter,granpa,,brther jethro t du awl the writen on dem foms.
    Dat Swlapheed he mus be skome reel edkateid City Slicker,wit all his fancee wuds an arguments.Sumtin us powr wednecks dun kno nuthin abot.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Ye'know, I can see where you're getting the humour from CG, but I can't see what it's going to help...

Nothing like feeding a self opinionated oaf the "facts" as they belive them to be Sparks.Slaphead thinks all us shooters are idiotic,blood thirsty,ignorant rednecks[I am a redneck and damn proud of it too:D ].So there is no point in argueing with such a person,just enforce their belifs and they will go away happier in their knowledge that they are "right".:rolleyes:

And the other, undecided people who read this will now think what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

eh yeah as if that piss take is going to swing an opinion of the undecided ,"hmmmm yes they do seem to be really stupid and il it irate they have to be dangerous" oh wake up and smell whats coming out of that brown steaming pat will you,
    if they are going to be that bad not picking up on some humour they'll be on the fence for a very long time

yeah as if that piss take is going to swing an opinion
    Of course it won't. But how it gets reacted to will, and if that pisstake shows up in a paper, we get the right to reply which is basicly a shot at putting our side across to far more people than we'd normally get to. Which is why we even bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

I think your overreacting to be honest Sparks. The guy slaphead clearly does not want to see things from our point of view and has obviously no idea of how things work in the countryside nor done any research by reading other threads in this forum that show as shooters we are responsible and put up with an awful amount of poor treatment and delays from those in power re licensing and laws etc. If we can't have a bit of friendly banter on a thread then we have gone too far, I realize boards as a forum is normally serious but a bit of light joking can't hurt. Slaphead did not try and engage us, he came on here to put out his ideas and insult us without listening to what people said. As for those sitting on the fence, I would assume that they too can take the odd joke and if they come onto a shooting forum they must have some minor interest in the sport originally.

Slaphead's not the target audience for any reply though astra. It's like when the hunt sabs write nasty letters to the papers - we don't reply on behalf of target shooters to convince the hunt sabs to take up the sport, we reply to tell people other than the hunt sabs why the hunt sabs are wrong about target shooting and what it's actually like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

I understand sparks, I'm saying the vast majority that find their way onto this forum would be either already interested in shooting and looking for info on how to take it up or already a shooter themselves. Therefore they do not need convincing. Others I'm sure would not deny us our right to defend our sport on our own forum or make the odd joke on the forum. The lads were only having a bit of a laugh, plus people can see slaphead was aggressive towards our position ("not fit to use a crayon"?) and therefore we need to have a laugh at the situation when someone belittles us like this.

The rest of the threads show shooters to be the responsible people they are, anyone browsing through the forum can see that.

Advertisement