Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on clock problem.

Options
  • 27-04-2007 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all. The clock in my car keeps resetting the time to 16.49 and the date to 29th March 2007. I have reset it to the correct time and date on numerous occassions but whenever I switch the ignition it has gone back. The battery hasn't been flat, nor has it been disconnected. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

it could be somethin to do with the memory cable from the battery. does your radio hold all your preset stations when you turn off the car? take the clock out, and check that it's connected up properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

It's one of those split units with the main body of the radio/cd separate from the display. The presets have never been affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Hmmm... Is it only a new car? Seems odd it would only reset to a month ago, and to anything other than the usual 12:00 or 00:00. I don't know what it is, but maybe it's some sort of fault code output from the engine management?

Advertisement