Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Census 2006

• 27-04-2007 12:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭

Towns

wexpops.jpg

Density Map

wexdensity.jpg

Electoral Divisions

wexelect.jpg

Interesting. Castlebridge is the fifth largest town, Gorey being the fourth.

Wexford Town has a large area of suburban sprawl around it compared to Kilkenny, which has a larger urban population. Is this evidence of unsustainable development and poor planning?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

handy info, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Yeah very useful,Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

I tell you know guys,

gorey is still "a market town". In the eyes of wexford local authority, we can sing and dance about any issue we want to, but they can just put it on the long finger as the town has no clout whatsoever because of the lack of an urban council or a borough council

the local elections are coming up next june, 2009. still at the moment, only people in the gorey town area,( an area trying to be revised and expanded) means that only about 4,000 approx. get to vote.

the town line that says u can or cant needs to be moved to take into account all the new estates and development in the area. if and when this is done, the maybe the foremention lack of a urban council or a borough council might too be addressed.

:mad::mad::mad:

one thing that really pisses me off in gorey and by god im trying to get this raised at any meeting now is the way all the monies riased in Gorey from huge business rates (and i pay these), parking fees, fines etc. , all this money
    that si made in Gorey goes to the wexford local authority to be spent anywhere in the county they feel like. all this money shud be kept in Gorey for Gorey to be spent on Gorey, then maybe the feken roads around the town wudnt resemble 3 world roads

any opinions on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

wreckless wrote: »
    one thing that really pisses me off in gorey and by god im trying to get this raised at any meeting now is the way all the monies riased in Gorey from huge business rates (and i pay these), parking fees, fines etc. , all this money
    that si made in Gorey goes to the wexford local authority to be spent anywhere in the county they feel like. all this money shud be kept in Gorey for Gorey to be spent on Gorey, then maybe the feken roads around the town wudnt resemble 3 world roads

any opinions on this?

You may end up with less being spent in the area using this system. Have you any hard figures to back your clain that Gorey is getting less than its fair share?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

wreckless wrote: »
    I tell you know guys,

gorey is still "a market town". In the eyes of wexford local authority, we can sing and dance about any issue we want to, but they can just put it on the long finger as the town has no clout whatsoever because of the lack of an urban council or a borough council

the local elections are coming up next june, 2009. still at the moment, only people in the gorey town area,( an area trying to be revised and expanded) means that only about 4,000 approx. get to vote.

the town line that says u can or cant needs to be moved to take into account all the new estates and development in the area. if and when this is done, the maybe the foremention lack of a urban council or a borough council might too be addressed.

:mad::mad::mad:

The expansion of town boundaries is up to the Minister of Environment. Wexford town was only allowed its extension because it is a "HUB", whatever that mean :).

• Advertisement
Advertisement