Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Monopoly

• 27-04-2007 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hasbro (based here in Waterford City), are developing a new all Ireland version of their most popular board game Monopoly Here & Now. On the board there is only 22 spaces available for counties in Ireland to be included. That means 10 counties will lose out. Hasbro are deciding on which counties to include, based on a "Vote for your county" online poll. Currently Roscommon & Leitrim lead the poll, with Waterford not even included on board. (28th place) So get voting & get Waterford up there as the most valuable property on the board. Vote on www.monopoly.ie YOUR COUNTY NEEDS YOU !!! Closing date is 25th May !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

3rd place at the moment :). Waterford is the equivalent of Grafton Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Don't vote it's a scam!!!!!

🤪

Scam or no scam my real email wasn't used so meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't think its a scam but don't understand why they need counties. All the street names are in Dublin, where do the counties come into it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Bards

looksee wrote:
    I don't think its a scam but don't understand why they need counties. All the street names are in Dublin, where do the counties come into it?

From Today's Irish Examiner
    ===============================================

Counties to battle for survival as Monopoly goes nationwide

By Dan Collins
    THE playing people of Ireland, already bored of national politics, should turn their attention to the national board.

People throughout the country were yesterday asked to cast their vote, not for election candidates, but for their county to be included in the first all-Ireland Monopoly board.

Hasbro, the makers of the world’s most famous property board game Monopoly, said competition is expected to be fierce with space for only 22 of the 32 counties to feature in the game.

The top 22 counties will be guaranteed a place on the board with the premier spot, going to the county with the most votes. So Sligo could conceivably become the new Shrewsbury Road or Cork could take over from Grafton Street.

According to Hasbro’s national sales manager, Anne Dermody: “We have always been amazed at the level of interest and passion that surrounds Monopoly. Now it’s up to the people of Ireland to have their say and to ensure that their county is included on the new board. Those who don’t vote will find that their county will be left out. If the residents of Dublin fail to vote it is entirely possible that the country’s capital will be left off the board.”

Politicians, county councillors and Monopoly lovers are being asked to rally in a bid to ensure that their county has its best chance to feature on the board.

Monopoly is produced under the Parker brand at Hasbro’s plant in Waterford where 1.5 million Monopoly boards are shipped throughout Europe every year. Since its arrival on the market in 1935, over 200 million have been sold.

By logging onto www.monopoly.ie, the Monopoly-playing people of Ireland will have the chance to vote for their county and hope it features on the new ‘Monopoly All-Ireland Here and Now’ board which will be released in October.

The website also features a leaderboard showing a track of how each county is performing. Until voting ends on May 25, each person can cast one vote a day — the more votes a county gets, the further up the leaderboard it goes. The top 22 counties will be guaranteed a place on the board.

For over 70 years the Monopoly board has represented the most valuable locations in Dublin, but for the first time, counties will feature on the board, not by the cost of property or its notoriety, but on the passion of its people. The counties that make it onto the board will be represented by their most popular visitor attraction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

yea theres a big thread on the limerickblogger.org and the limerick city board
    were 7th our place is fairly well secured, no one is voting for northern ireland

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Voted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Wouldn't let me vote, said I'd already voted today :(

Odd. I got to vote five times.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Odd. I got to vote five times.

Same. Say nothing :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

Roen wrote:
    Wouldn't let me vote, said I'd already voted today :(
    Same here... And Carlow's #32 on the list. It's a conspiracy i tells ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Be a gas if Dublin did'nt make it! ;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

A friend of mine in the property business said it'll be fantastic for Waterford if we push it into the top purple places on the board because property prices in Waterford for real will rise as a result!

I laughed until I saw the prices of houses on Aylsbury and Shrewsbury road in Dublin.

Lets make it 'appen. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

You can just make up a name and email address and your vote will be counted regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Hmmm, took it today for some reason.

Advertisement