Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Headlight relay

Options
  • 27-04-2007 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

I'm getting my caf serviced next week and I'm just wondering would a motor mechanic as opposed to going to an Auto Sparkie be able to relay the headlights to operate automatically from ignition rather than be manually turned on (like Volvo and Saab). I have them on most of the time, but my mam who drives the car too will only use the candlelights unless it's pitch dark.

any feedback?? Would a mech be able to do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Yeah, it's fairly simple, any mechanic worth his salt should be able to do it. Wiring across the switch will result in the lights being on all the time, and should be reversible too, if you ever want to sell the car on...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

cheers. jus wanted to know. I've a nice long list for the mech

Advertisement