Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

www.loadzajobs.ie

• 27-04-2007 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

www.loadzajobs.ie is one of the largest recreuitment website in Ireland and sponsors/publishes the Thursday jobs and careers section in the Irish Indo.
    They are also excluding Waterford City from their drop down menu of major city's, every other city is included as well as Belfast. So i think a few e-mails are needed, its a feedback form which I have already sent a response too. But as experiences have shown we need a lot more than one mail.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Only had a quick glance, but it doesnt really sort by cities very clear.

Ill take a closer look when I get home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭teckno

When you click on location on the homepage it brings up a list of the major city's in Ireland and then an underlign sign and lists the rest of the county's. Waterford in being excluded from the top list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Ok, but Waterford is on the list. Where is the issue exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

Yea, noticed that Teckno; and I think the point is that lots of ppl have previously mentioned in other threads that Waterford is being excluded as a major city....
    It lists Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Galway & Limerick.....
    At least Kilkenny isn't listed with these as a major city :)

On the homepage of loadzajobs.ie, click on location. Its brings up one long list, and it lists all the major city's Dublin, Cork City, Limerick City, Gaway City, seperatly. It excludes Waterford City. Waterford is listed along with the rest of the county's below the city's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Minfadlek wrote:
    At least Kilkenny isn't listed with these as a major city :)

Why are some of us more preoccupied with KK not being on the list than Waterford being on it?

We're like "If I can't have a lollipop, then I shall make jolly sure that you can't either!"

Apologies if I misunderstood your intention...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

Couldn't care less about KK - Just making light of the subject .... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

why is this forum so preoccupied with other peoples opinions of waterford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Oh sweet Jebus - not this again...

Response from loadzajobs.ie

The 'Location Drop Down' menu on the LoadzaJobs site only includes the 4 largest cities in Ireland. Each County is included in the drop-down menu and any jobs posted for other cities not outlined in the location drop-down menu will be included under the appropriate County. So a job posted for Waterford City will be retrieved in the search results for Waterford.

Now i do not care how small and trivial and annoying people thing this issue how, my only annoyance is why Waterford has to be excluded. I am hoping some people here also agree with me on this issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 conaire

Sent : Monday, April 30, 2007 4:14 PM
    To : CustomerService.LoadzaJobs@hcl.in
    CC : martin.cullen@finance.irlgov.ie
    Subject : RE: LIST OF CITIES (Loadza_1054)

DEAR TEAM,
    We in thr irish republic have only five cities of which waterford is one and also the oldest.
    There are no other cities in the republic . Therefore you cannot include waterford among
    what does not exist!!
    Please consult the STATUTE BOOK OF IRISH LAW, in regard to cities.
    To exclude Waterford from your list of cities is a grave insult to the people
    of this city.

Regards,
    Michael O Connor...

From: "Loadzajobs Customer Service" <CustomerService.LoadzaJobs@hcl.in>
    To: <conaire2@msn.com>
    Subject: LIST OF CITIES (Loadza_1054)
    Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:01:02 +0100

Hi Michael,

The 'Location Drop Down' menu on the LoadzaJobs site only includes the 4 largest cities in Ireland. Each County is included in the drop-down menu and any jobs posted for other cities not outlined in the location drop-down menu will be included under the appropriate County. So a job posted for Waterford City will be retrieved in the search results for Waterford.

Regards,
    Loadzajobs Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

dcarroll wrote:

I agree, this forum seems to based on a sense of paranoia of how the rest of the country sees lovely Waterford!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 conaire

Another site which excludes Waterford City.
    My Home .ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭kitty_kilkenny

dcarroll wrote:

Well said.

The words 'chip' and 'shoulder' come to mind

Well said.

The words 'chip' and 'shoulder' come to mind

What a load of rubbish. Just because I want to see my City being treated the exact same way as every other city does not mean that I have a chip on my shoulder or should not talk about it. If Waterford is being excluded which it is in this topic, I will raise it and I don't care what the opinion is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fight the Powah! I think all these sites need tackling as its emdemic at this point.

Just e-mailed myhome.ie

Mike.

Advertisement