Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

V8 Supercharged 4WD Subaru Brat

Options
  • 27-04-2007 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Right lads, I was given a project to build a model of a Subaru Brat. I was given a plastic bag full of bits that lay in a garage for at least 20 years. It was a Matchbox or AMT model so was pretty bad quality the day it was moulded...so I took it on only if I could pimp it:D
    I got out the Plasticard, bits box and the filler and got silly. It now has a V8 mercedes engine... then a super charger got put on...rear wheel arches were made and the front arches were flaired a bit.
    I also have the interior sorted (not in the pics) with racing bucket seats, roll cage, tiprtonic gearbox and lots of other crap items :D
    What yis think? I cant decide which wheels to use......And ideas to make it even more vulgar will be greatfully accepted.

What colour?? how about metallic purple?:D
    Brat 1.jpg

Brat 2.jpg

Brat 3.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

I like;) Where does one buy plasti card? Was looking for it a while back but gave up when my local book/craft store didn't have it.

It would look quite a bit better if it was lower. And metallic blue with carbon fibre bonnet..... er yeah, that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Flunked wrote:
    I like;) Where does one buy plasti card? Was looking for it a while back but gave up when my local book/craft store didn't have it.

It would look quite a bit better if it was lower. And metallic blue with carbon fibre bonnet..... er yeah, that:D

Lower? I was thinkin higher... but yer right... lower is cheesyer..:D
    How did i not think of the CF bonnet!!! Well that will be done at a later stage...

I got Plasticard at www.hannants.co.uk its pretty cheap, and they have assorted packs of different thickness, which also comes with a clear sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Marks Models in Dublin have nice selection of Evergreen plastic as well. Sheets, profiles the lot...

Or they had, haven't been there for a while

Alrighty. Thanks.

And I was going to say metallic blue with white racing stripes as with the modded engine it looks alot more like an American muscle car, But I prefere differnt... sometimes :D. And for that reason I thought lower. Or at least lower the back as that seems higher at the mo'

Flunked wrote:
    Alrighty. Thanks.

And I was going to say metallic blue with white racing stripes as with the modded engine it looks alot more like an American muscle car, But I prefere differnt... sometimes :D. And for that reason I thought lower. Or at least lower the back as that seems higher at the mo'

Its just sittin on the wheels in the pics. But Im still in a position where i can decide the height. Are ya thinkin of that look where the wheel is a little in under the arch?? ok.. can do that still.
    Bein a subaru I was thinkin of metallic blue. But i have one of those 2 colour paints UV/ Deep Blue... hmm..

• Advertisement

Yeah. I never noticed the Subaru - Blue thing:rolleyes:
    Well when I think of muscle cars I always thing the back end is lower. Also. Do you have fatter tires with smaller rims? those things look huge:D
    OR
    Get some RC shocks, some plastic tubing or somehting like that. and turn it into a crazy monster truck looking thing.... that would be something:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Holy overkill Batman! Cool build, I'd second the meatier tyre suggestion, and maybe narrow the track so that the wheels tuck in under the body? A 70's Hotrod theme would suit it the best, how about primer black?

The wheels will tuck in under the body a bit.. in the pics its just sittin on them. But would the be room with a mercedes V8?? hmm..
    on the colour ..Im startin to think FLAMES!!:cool:

or.... combine both your ideas
    Matt black with a nice (blue/green) flame job?
    If done right that would look brilliant:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Extremely quick n dirty chop:
    quickndirtybratkm2.gif

• Advertisement

Coooool.... though i might do green flames!..... or BLUE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

the egine should be in the back. then paint it green metal flake (glitter) with white stripes.

looks like an aussi hot rod rather then a us musscle car.

the egine should be in the back. then paint it green metal flake (glitter) with white stripes.

looks like an aussi hot rod rather then a us musscle car.

Too late for changes like that!!:D

a bit of plasti card and maybe some filler would do the trick:D It would look nice like that... but not quite like a muscle:rolleyes:

Advertisement