Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Tell if your ISP is blocking specific sites

Options
  • 27-04-2007 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering are there any checks i can do to verify if my isp is blocking a specific site?

I've already checked that i can access the site in question from work and a friends machine.

Thanks
    Flop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

what is the site & which ISP - is it some sort of secret?

traceroute to the site from home and from work, see if the trace takes different routes and where it breaks down. You could always ring your ISP and ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

MTU problems can cause hassle with some sites , so it can look like they are being blocked while loads more load just fine

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭flop

No big secret. The site is microsoft.com. I bet you were all thinking it was welshpron.com ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

flop wrote:
    No big secret. The site is microsoft.com. I bet you were all thinking it was welshpron.com ;-)
    I don't think many ISPs would bother, nay dare to block Microsoft's site...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Dont really see the point in ISP's blocking Micro$oft, maybe your ISP is a big Apple fan boy.

Maybe M$ are blocking your ISP??

• Advertisement
Advertisement