Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote For Cork

Options
  • 27-04-2007 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Go to www.monopoly.ie and vote for Cork to make sure it beats Dublin, etc. to the top spot on the new All-Ireland Monopoly Board.
    YOUR COUNTY NEEDS YOU!!! DO IT, DO IT, DO IT.

Hasbro, the makers of the world’s most famous property board game Monopoly, are calling on the people of Ireland to get behind their county and vote to be included on the first ever All-Ireland Monopoly board. Competition is expected to be fierce with space for only 22 of the 32 counties to feature. By logging onto www.monopoly.ie the people of Ireland are being given the chance to vote for their county to be featured on the new Monopoly All-Ireland Here & Now board to be released in October.

The website, which goes officially live today, also features a leader board showing a track of how each county is performing. Until voting ends on May 25th, each person can cast one vote a day - the more votes a county gets, the further up the leader board it goes. The top 22 counties will be guaranteed a place on the board with the top spot, going to the county with the most votes. So Sligo could conceivably become the new Shrewsbury Road or Cork could take over from Grafton Street. For over 70 years the Monopoly board has represented the most valuable locations in Dublin, but for the first time, the people of Ireland can vote to get their county on the board. Counties will be decided not by the cost of property or its notoriety but on the passion of its people. The counties that make it onto the board will be represented by their most popular visitor attraction. According Hasbro’s National Sales Manager, Anne Dermody: “We have always been amazed at the level of interest and passion that surrounds Monopoly. Now it’s up to the people of Ireland to have their say and to ensure that their county is included on the new board. Those who don’t vote will find that their county will be left out. If the residents of Dublin fail to vote it is entirely possible that the country’s capital will be left off the board.” Politicians, County Councillors and Monopoly lovers are being asked to rally their county’s population to vote in a bid to ensure that their county has its best chance to feature on the board. Monopoly is produced under the Parker brand at Hasbro’s plant in Waterford where 1.5 million Monopoly boards are shipped throughout Europe every year. Since its arrival on the market in 1935, over 200 million Monopoly games have been sold across the world and it has been played by an estimated 500 million people.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

Looks like Roscommon is winning!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Leitrim when I got there. Site is borked too, you have to agree to terms and conditions that don't exist. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Terms and conditions to be defined at a later date? After you've sold your soul to them? I say you, of course, I'm fortunate in not having a soul to be sold... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Uh-oh its crashed.

Bet it was the ballot-stuffer from Leitrim.

PS Go on the rebels

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Bad news, were in 5th, like 500 behind roscomman and leitrim... We need to start sending emails and the like out... It would be pretty embarrassing if the biggest county in ireland couldn't win the vote...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭marcphisto

The biggest county in area only, not the most populous ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Do we really want to be immortalised as the county with the most nerds willing to spend a month voting on a website to make sure our county is included in a board game, though?

Actually, scratch that. I can already hear the most likely answer...."But it's CORK, BIIIIIIIIIY!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Don't vote...Its a scam!

🤪

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Sabre0001 wrote:
    Don't vote...Its a scam!

Wow, that's sufficient argument in itself to have me running screaming through the streets....

Any info on what the scam is? Sites? Dare I say it, links?

Edited to add:

Seems legit enough, according to the Beeb...

I went to vote there 2 minutes ago and it said i had already voted today which i hadn't. It checks votes based on email address, i was wondering if people just take a big list of email addresses and vote numerous times? Or is that a bit devious? The suspicious thing is that roscommon are top, when its an established fact that the roscommon remains 1 of 3 counties in Ireland without electricity (the others been of course Leitrim and Louth) so how could they have the most amount of votes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 cluelessjewel

I just tried emailing it onto other cork friends and the bloody site crashed, its definitely rigged I'd say!:)

We're up to 3rd:D Currently have 6870 votes, Tipp in 2nd with 7555 and bizarrely Roscommon tops with 8059... Come on lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,691 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

dulpit wrote:
    We're up to 3rd:D Currently have 6870 votes, Tipp in 2nd with 7555 and bizarrely Roscommon tops with 8059... Come on lads!

We're on the ascendency now, cork have 7369 votes, tipp have 8073 and roscommon have 8357, so cork and tipp are both making up ground on roscommon...roscommon like, why?!
    Westmeath are in last with 1402. they obviously just dont havce the committment...or a lot of time on their hands..

oh well, back to study :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

dulpit wrote:
    I went to vote there 2 minutes ago and it said i had already voted today which i hadn't. It checks votes based on email address, i was wondering if people just take a big list of email addresses and vote numerous times? Or is that a bit devious?
    the same thing just happened to me?? :confused:

edit :- I just tried using another email address, and I got the same problem again??

bump. for cork. we.re down to 4th now, waterford just nosing ahead of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

cant vote. def rigged.

i've never had any trouble voting on any different computers..once or twice it would say sorry it didnt work,then i just try again and its fine so i dunno about the rigging idea, what would be the point of that after all? what could be the great masterplan behind making sure tipperary are first, roscommon are second and cork are third?

are you guys ticking the box to agree to the terms and conditions and everything?

Advertisement