Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replies being deleted?

Options
  • 27-04-2007 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

I posted a comment in the film review section in the sunshine thread which has disappeared. It was definately there yesterday. If I was deleted, then why? I just said the film is awful (which it is) and gave my reasons why.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Have you PM'd Karl Hungus with your question?
    He's the only one who can actually answer it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Ok just did. Im not irate or anything. I just find it odd that replies get deleted and no reasons are pm-ed. How else will you learn your lesson?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Maybe read the charter to see if you broke a rule or were off topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

He obviously interpreted your first post as an attempt to discuss the film - indeed, you were replying to the guy who posted before you. So that's probably why he deleted it.

Tbh I cant see the post so Im not sure how much I replied to another users post. My reason for posting was that following the good reviews I had read on boards I went to see the film, and Its fair to say it is one of the worst films I have ever saw. At least 15 people walked out of the film so I wasnt alone in that. So my purpose in posting was to review, but I am a talker so I probably did respond to another posters comments. My bad. However there is a post there that breaks most of the charter rules - one line long and no info on film, no rating... u cant have one rule for one and not for the other. Anyway Im still not sure of exact reason, a lot of the reviews in the review section involve discussion but I guess they're trying to cut down on that.

The reason I asked the question why my comment was deleted because I intially thought that it hadnt posted in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

descry wrote:
    However there is a post there that breaks most of the charter rules - one line long and no info on film, no rating... u cant have one rule for one and not for the other. .
    You're right. The moderator probably just missed it. Happens all the time. You can bring such items to their attention by using the Report Post icon under the poster's username.

We'll just have to wait for Karl to come back and give his opinion on it, as it's his call.

I responded to another user, both posts were deleted, sin é.

Advertisement