Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCSE In India - Anyone been???

Options
  • 27-04-2007 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey All- new around here so be gentle.

I need to get certified ASAP - and am looking at going to India soon to do the MCSE boot camp. It takes 30 days and I will come back mith MCP, MCSA, MCSE + Security. :D

The company I am looking at going with is called http://www.koenig-solutions.com/. What I would really like is to find out if anybody has gone down this route: and if so - what was your experience - Any feedback welcomed - as I am going to be booking this very shortly. Or if you trained in India for any other certs how did you find it.

Thanks

Mek

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

It is not possible anymore for a foreigner to take MCP exams in India, this is a new Microsoft policy.
    Unless you are native or living in India you cannot take a MCP in a PROMETRIC/VUE testing center.
    But you could get the bootcamp training and take your exams in Ireland.

Anyway take in consideration that most training center in Dublin can get you really good rates with the FAS help and european funds.
    At the end of the day, paying the flight, hotel etc in India might be the same price as getting your training in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I need to get certified ASAP - and am looking at going to India soon to do the MCSE boot camp. It takes 30 days and I will come back mith MCP, MCSA, MCSE + Security. :D

Hi Mek,

Are you new to IT? Do you have any other certificates? (Like A+, Network+ or CCNA?)

The reason I ask is because if you have any other certs you will know that it takes time to learn the material properly, test it in a real world situation then go back over the material again with a fine tooth comb to make sure you know your stuff inside out.

IMO, doing the entire MCSE (+ Security) in 30 days is pretty much impossible and extremely reckless. That is 7 exams in less then one month :eek: The whole thing stinks of braindumping (which India are notorious for btw).

If I was you I would take on board what the previous poster said and get trained properly in Ireland (Plus FAS will knock 70% off the fee if you work in IT already).

It will be much better for your career in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 meccanoman303

Well Thanks for the info guys - I am in IT fr 10years -

mick.fr It is not possible anymore for a foreigner to take MCP exams in India, this is a new Microsoft policy.
    Unless you are native or living in India you cannot take a MCP in a PROMETRIC/VUE testing center.

Can you please tell me the source for this information as I am just about to book and would like to further investigatre this.

Rgds
    Mek

Well Thanks for the info guys - I am in IT fr 10years -

mick.fr It is not possible anymore for a foreigner to take MCP exams in India, this is a new Microsoft policy.

Can you please tell me the source for this information as I am just about to book and would like to further investigatre this.

Rgds
    Mek

Yes sure.
    1. From internal Microsoft communications
    2. From online registration processes with Prometric and Vue.
    Please see below.

Note: As of April 1, 2007, only citizens of India will be permitted to register for exams in our India test centers, and only citizens of China will be permitted to register for exams in our Mainland China test centers. If you have any questions, please contact Microsoft at mslindia@microsoft.com.

Feedback from a friend about your trip.

What I can tell you is that he will get what he pays for, and that is an intensive class of essentially exam prep. If he is planning to go to Delhi, his best bet is to NOT stay in the 4 star hotel offering as it’s a long way from their part of town. The 5 star hotel is not much good and frankly. He’s better off asking to stay in the Rangoli Park Hotel which is walking distance and in a nice area. He can then use the rest of his hard earned on joining a gym locally etc.

• Advertisement

mick.fr wrote:
    Yes sure.
    1. From internal Microsoft communications
    2. From online registration processes with Prometric and Vue.
    Please see below.
    WOW - OK Mick - Well that will certainly put paid to any plans I have for heading off to India in two weeks. I am sure glad I asked for advice on it.

Do you work for MS or how did you become aware of this?
    Is it a recent policy change?
    Cheers Mek

mick.fr wrote:
    Feedback from a friend about your trip.

Sounds like your friend has been down that route. Would he be interested in sharing a bit of Info about Koenig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If we're going quoting websites, can we please include links to the sources?

meccanoman303, for reference mick.fr seems to have gotten that quote from this website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Reason for the change was to stop Hired Guns .. people sitting the exam for you in a foreign country such as India, China etc, without you having to be in that country.

You can argue that it seems unfair if you are legit in that country and want to take advantage of the fact that the price of the exam in a third of what it is here.

But its starting to stop the practice anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Calyx do an MCSE boot camp in 13 days. Not sure of the price, but FAS have a 60-70% funding thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Homer.sim

Hello,
    I went to Delhi with Koening and got my CCNA i am very happy the trainers were great and there were people there from all over the world .
    I shall go back there on January 7th to do the MCSE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Thinking of doing the combined MCSE and CCNA on koenig as I'm unemployed at the moment and it seems like a good time to upskill.

Anyone done anything with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Why not do it yourself ?

Ive managed, like most other people I would imagine to get the MCSE and CCNA with nothing more than a basic lab and some books.

Its a hell of a lot cheaper plus you actually learn it. Cramming all that stuff in a few weeks seems pointless to me and I very much doubt you would get past a technical interview.

Get your self a level one job, get a decent pc with VMware or perhaps a cheap cisco lab ... practice , practice, practice.

Then in a years time you will have job expierience , knowledge and earned your certs. Plus you wallet will be a few grand heavier !

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Raekwon wrote: »
    If I was you I would take on board what the previous poster said and get trained properly in Ireland (Plus FAS will knock 70% off the fee if you work in IT already).
    Is this still valid? I ask as this quote is from over two years ago...

Advertisement