Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave Plus

Options
  • 27-04-2007 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭

I've just noticed that IBB have a new Ripwave service; d/l and u/l speeds have been doubled to 1 meg and 256k respectively. The contention ratio remains at 40:1. Is there any point upgrading from regular Ripwave if there's no change in the contention ratio?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Do you get 500Kbps on the normal ripwave or 60k to 250k depending on time of day?

If the former, then an upgrade will be faster. If the latter, then it might not.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

I'd be interested in hearing from anybody with this service.
    Anyone upgraded?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How much is it and how does it perform?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Em, hear you the first time!
    Its 26.95 per month, only an extra 8 squid.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

I got it last week, attached are the results of two tests done on different days. I didnt have normal ripwave so cant really compare, but it seems pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Offalycool

It’s still poxy, the latency is too high, about the same as regular Ripwave. At least the speeds are approaching what they promised the first time round, but nowhere near 1Mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Hody

A month has past, since your last posts, would experiencies do you have with the service...

Advertisement