Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Taxi Drivers

Options
  • 27-04-2007 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else being gettin seriously pi8sed of with the taxi drivers that are queing in the taxi rank up by Fibbers?? Every time i seem to go up that street about to turn right up towards Prospect Hill the taxi drivers instead of being in the area they should be, they are all in the right hand lane. This means that you have to try and get in the left hand lane to overtake them. Is there nothing the cops could do about it because if it were just another car parked there they'd have no problem handing out a ticket pronto!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

YES! I am. Every morning. It's a fecking joke that!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are the drivers sitting in their cars? If so the guards can't do anything.
    To complain Let us know how you got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

surely they're obstructing traffic flow - is that not an offence?

Will send the taxi regulators an email, let's see what happens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

the right hand side (closest to Fibbers) is a taxi rank all the way down to Garveys.

It's only the top 1 or 2 cars that are out of the rank and closer to the middle of the road because they are preparing to move to the next part of the rank (over towards cuba).

it there are cars parked on the rank alongside fibbers then they have nowhere else to go but further out on the road if they want to stay in the queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

This place seems to do nothing but give out about taxi drivers!! I agree that it can be a nuisance in the square with trying to dodge the taxis. But there are now over 750 taxis in galway city and as far as i know there is only space for maybe 50 cars in the rank im not sure on the exact number but by my reckoning thats all there is, there are very little spaces for taxis to park in galway safely. I heard recently that one particular company in galway wont allow there drivers to park on main roads and have to be almost hidden off main road from public to avoid lookin idol !! apparantley dont want to be seen by competition that there is nothin doing on the quiet days!! but theres a total lack of spaces for taxis in eyre square and this problem needs to be addressed by galway city council before theres a serious accident!!!

• Advertisement

There's more taxis ranks than that one though. I'm sure the one down by the Living Room can hold a lot more than the one at the Square

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

I've seen that alot actually, i dont have a car so it dosent bother me in the slightest but what they are doing isnt right, there is quite a few ranks in the city which they could park at. Soem taxi drivers are just idiots tho, if they start queing at fibbers for the rank they will be waiting around an hour before they pick someone up (just outside supermac's). Maybe a quicker responce to this would be to let the guards know about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I disagree, the reason that it looks longer is that people just park all the way down along the road and on he bridge. That's no a rank, they just treat it as such.

Advertisement