Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get a Eircom Modem to work through a Hub?

Options
  • 27-04-2007 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi I have a Eircom Netopia Modem and want to get my Xbox, Playstation and Mac to run off it through a Netgear hub. I had no problem doing this with Irish Broadband but since I changed to Eircom I can't get it to work. This leaves me plugging out and in each device every time I want to go on-line please help! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Is it *REALLY* a hub? or a router.

If a hub or switch just connect it. I think it is not a hub, AFAIK, a hub won't work on Ripwave or Breeze

If it's a Router, then you need to set the Netopia Modem to Bridged (Then you need to disable any WiFi on the Netopia).

This is wrong forum. Post the models of both and someone can help.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

moved to net coms...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jdonagh

Hi Its a Netopia 3341 modem (not wifi) and a Netgear DSL Websafe Router RP614 v3. I guess I have to change some setting on the eircom connection page like I did to get the xbox working but don't even know where to start.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

watty wrote:
    Is it *REALLY* a hub? or a router.

If a hub or switch just connect it. I think it is not a hub, AFAIK, a hub won't work on Ripwave or Breeze
    Yeah the Ripwave gives you a public IP address with a 2 hour dhcp lease.

Anyone know of any cheap routers ?
    - WiFi not needed thanks 'cos eircom do a nice one for €25.

Advertisement