Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lard NoMore

Options
  • 27-04-2007 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Weird question. Just wondering if 'diets' are more successful in summer as opposed to winter (body storing fat in Winter). The reason I asked is because I looked in the mirror on Sunday the 14th April and said enough was enough.

I am female, 26, 5'10 and was 273lbs when I started. As of this morning I was 269lbs and I think I have lost about 2 inches off my body already. Personally I am chuffed with the 4lbs and the loose clothing is great also, but I am amazed at how quick body is changing this time around and I think its something to do with Summer. Would that be correct?

Just to show I am not starving myself here is a typical day:

5.30am -

Glass cranberry and rasberry juice
    Bowl of Flahavans porridge made with water and a chopped banana

8.30 - Fruit - a banana and an apple (or whater I have could be a few mandarins)

11.00 - Pepermint tea

1.00 - pasta salad with spinach and more fruit another banana and an apple/ it can vary, some days I can have a different salad with chicken in it, really depends on night before

3.00 - some sunflowerseeds and mixed nuts

5.30/6 - dinner is grilled chicken with a small portion of tagliatelle, broccolli and other green vegs, some times I'll have two chicken fillets and a large green salad

Have a litre bottle of water on my desk that is filled once in morning and again in evening so I'm drinking about 1 and a half litres a day!

I am avoiding things like potatoes and breads like the plague (could this be another factor contributing to shrinkage)

I'm ploughing on and I know I will suceed this time. I was just curious about the inch loss as I havent started to exercise properly yet, up until Monday of this week walking any great distnce gave me back pain. I am starting slowly, 30 minute walks with a view to walking home from work in the evenings eventually.

My goals:

Weight: 168lbs
    Fitness: Would like to walk and finish next years Dublin Marathon
    Vanity: Want to look good in a benetton suit for work :)

So any advice, support, answer to my question is greatly appreciated!

I plan to keep updating this so can a Mod move this to the Logs for me?

Thanks to all in advance ! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think the summer/winter thing is not having much effect. Other than in winter I stay indoors more and might tend to eat more. Your metabolism should be raised slightly in winter. You body expends energy keeping itself warm, thats what shivering is, your body shaking itself to warm itself up. I have heard it is even used by some anorexics, taking cold baths.

The bread might have been causing bloating in the past and taken a few inches off.

Have you considered weight training. It speeds up your metabolism greatly and gives you lots of energy. It is low impact so is suitable for people who are overweight, where running is not an option. You can do it infront of the TV. If you are on a caloire deficit you risk losing muscle along with fat, so weight training will prevent this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Lard NoMore

Can a mod please move to Logs for me

Morning all,

Beginning of week three now and I am down 7lbs to 266lbs, really really chuffed with that as for the first time in my colourful dieting history I haven't noticed the changes in my life to the extent of wanting to rip my face off.

I am viewing this time as a life style change, rather than a quick fix. Lets not beat about the bush though, if I continued the way I was heading I was dead, thinking back now, jesus christ it scares me what I was eating not only that the sheer amount of what I was eating!

Although its only the start of week three I have to say I feel fantastic, the best I have in years, I'm more mobile, the back pain when walking I spoke of previously is gone and I have even started to walk to the furthest bus stop from my house, which is about 20 minute walk. The same in the evening, I keep walking till I see bus in distance, so thats another 20 minute 30 minute walk. I'm taking it easy though, don't want to start walking six miles a night like in the past as I got tired of it and felt like crap and the old 'feel like crap-eat crap' chesnut came popping up. This time I am really listening to my body, trying to learn about myself a bit more rather than eat less, exercise, exercise, exercise, get bored, crash and burn LOL!

So this morning tested me a little bit, No porridge in the house, aggghhh shock horror! In the past I'd take the easy way out and make toast then get a sausage roll in work but because I am off the bread and simply not going there again, I was forced to make a big bowl of fruit up, strawberries, banana, apple and some nuts too. I know it means nothing to the people reading this but to me its a massive difference between success and failure. I MADE THE HEALTHY CHOICE INSTEAD OF THE LAZY CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Oh think I figured out the shrinkage (inch loss) mystery too, I wasn't drinking enough water the last times I tried and now I am so I think that is the cause.

Will keep updating :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Congats, It seems like your doing great. Just thought a kind word would be nice. Keep it up!!

kjt wrote:
    Congats, It seems like your doing great. Just thought a kind word would be nice. Keep it up!!

Thanks a million KJT Much Appreciated :)

• Advertisement

Last week was a weird one. Was feeling kindo of heavy on the Monday so I drank more water and went for an extra walk at lunchtime, walked for 15 minute sthen turned around and walked back to the office. That solved the heavy feeling I was having and was feeling ok again on Tuesday.

It was a stressful enough week workwise and I found the evening walks really helped to settle my head before I got home for the evening. The dinners consisted of some sort of meat, usually chicken and I filled up and big green salads with a boiled egg. and instead of meat I had a mushroom omelette on Wednesday again with a big green salad. Those big bags of florette are so handy to have in the fridge! I also foun it very easy prefering for lunch this week too, again lots of salad and left over chicken from night before, its so easy to chuck another breast fillet onto the grill for next day. Eliminating the hassle of having to make split decisions for lunch and dinner is a huge help.

So, I had my weigh in yesterday and I was a little nervous about how it would go after feeling heavy on the Monday. To my absolute shock and delight I was down 5lbs! I honestly have no clue where it went, although I was doing more exercise!

I'm now down 12lbs to 261lbs! Wheeeeeee! More next week!

Keep it up, WELL DONE!!!

Hi Everyone

Here I am at the beginning of week 5 and bloody hell I can't believe I have 4 weeks behind me! Things are now pretty routine for me. I am not missing all the junk I used to eat even the coke! :D

I plan to introduce more exercise from this week onwards, slowly does it and all that. Hoping to increase my walks to 25 (Morning) and 35 minutes (Evening).

Last week was fine, like I said I have a set routine I am sticking to with teh exception of a couple of days were I liek to shake things up, increasing calories and exercise for example.

Total loss this week was 4lbs

I am now down 16lbs and down to 257!

More Next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

congrats on the weight loss so far!

Though bear in mind that it will slow down as you progress, esp as you are now adding in excercise which will build up muscle which is heavier than fat!

Ali

Wow what a week!

The universe was busy conspiring against me. But I managed to hang on, just about. Both work and home was incredibly stressful but i managed to maintain control over diet not 110% focus as it had been for previous weeks but as best as I could manage.

As well as that I was feeling quite lethargic and generally crappy then came a bout of Constipation. Won't delve too much into that but it was awful!

Got on the scales yesterday and fully expected to be back at 273 do to feeling so bloated but thankfully I'd lost 2lbs.

Down to 255 now only 87 to go to my target!

Constipation is gone so I am back and aiming for 3lbs this week!

Thanks for all the support so far! :D

• Advertisement

WooHoo, well done :) Keep it up, your doing great!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Well done you're doing class!

Advertisement