Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish League on Sky Sports

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

DaveH wrote:
    So when will LOI make it on to Sky????
    I hope it never does.

Sky sucks the soul out of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I agree but money talks im afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

there only doing this because N.ireland have being doing well. Why didn't they get the rights years ago. The club fixtures was probably just a sweetner and they'll probably ask the teams to play at some time slot that only suits sky and nobody else. Let's see if the renew the contract if N.Ireland so crap again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

DaveH wrote:
    So when will LOI make it on to Sky????

Who knows? At the moment us poor LoI fans can only dream about being shown on Sky. Only then can the league start to achieve any sort of greatness.

I was told at the start of April that Sky were gonna start showing the Setanta Cup, but I haven't heard anything about it since..... :(

In the meantime we'll just have to put up with RTE, TV3, Setanta Sports, and TG4 covering our league......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Sky showing Setanta Cup :confused: , I'm fairly sure that'll never happen .
    As far as LOI on Sky , well if it was additional games shown that would be fine but for them to have exclusive rights would be a very bad thing .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Big Ears wrote:
    Sky showing Setanta Cup :confused: , I'm fairly sure that'll never happen

Where did it say it would or might?

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Where did it say it would or might?

It's from the guy above my post...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

C'mon people! Read what I said and see if you can spot the sarcasm....
    Zebra3 wrote:
    I was told at the start of April that Sky were gonna start showing the Setanta Cup, but I haven't heard anything about it since..... :(

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Big Ears wrote:
    It's from the guy above my post...............

Oh right. Must be going blind :o.

Zebra3 wrote:
    C'mon people! Read what I said and see if you can spot the sarcasm....

;)

How foolish of me , I'm normally able to spot these things :( .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I don't see the need for Sky to start covering eL games. Unless of course there's a buck to be made by HQ in Merrion Square. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Good idea to link internationals deal with coverage of domestic game.

Advertisement