Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Download Festival 2007

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I am seriously giving this thought so I can go see Dream Theater. Never been to a festival gig either.

Of course, some of the other names on the bill don't hurt either ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

Me! :D

Korn in the tent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I was there for the last two years but I won't be going this year. The headliners are a real let down as far as I'm concerned. Last year I felt that many bands rushed through their songs in order to stick as rigidly to the timetable as possible. It felt to me that bands were barely getting started and then they were stopping.

With that said, there are some cracking bands on the line up that I would like to see. I am most annoyed about Machine Head but that doesn't make up for Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance as I know that they would only be on stage for about 30-45 minutes at the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

So there is deffo nothing in IRelanbd this year then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'm keeping my cash to go to Eindhoven to see Within Temptation. For some reason Download doesnt appeal to me as much as the likes of Wacken or Mera Luna.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Any festival where MCR and Linkin Park headline over MEGADETH FFS is a complete shambles imo.
    Nightwish wrote:
    For some reason Download doesnt appeal to me as much as the likes of Wacken or Mera Luna.

Yeah Wacken looks brilliant! Was supposed to be going this year but plans are falling through :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

So there is deffo nothing in IRelanbd this year then?

I take it thats suppoed to be Ireland ;)

Theres an FAQ on the Download message board saying that the official word is that there is no other Download planned for Ireland, Scotland or anywhere else...
    Nightwish wrote:
    I'm keeping my cash to go to Eindhoven to see Within Temptation. For some reason Download doesnt appeal to me as much as the likes of Wacken or Mera Luna.

I wanted to see them at Download but theyre on the second stage and will probably be on near enough to Stone Sour who are on the Main stage, and I wanna get up close enough for them. Pity coz I really wanted to see Within Temptation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Yeah, have to say this years line up looks pretty good, but far too much money imo, especially comparing to Graspop, Wacken etc. & I'm sure they're 10 times better organised. Still though, wouldn't mind seeing Anathema, Dream Theater & ST, none of whom are playing Graspop! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Just checked - flights from Dublin to EastMidlands (friday 2pm - monday 06.30am) are 38.73 (including booking fees), and it's a short bus hope from EMA to Donnington Park by an hourly bus run by Kinch.

Not bad. Add in your £155 ticket (and I also added in £6 for a locker) which works out at £161 = roughly 240 yoyo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

just saw the revised lineup and i must say apart from the headliners being poor(not slating any of the bands apart from mcr, just saying that there are bigger headlining bands out there) the rest of the show looks dammed good.

However this is the 3rd year that i will have to endure not going to download. Dammed leaving cert and all that jazz.

Edit- Also the dimebag darrel stage is a damm nice touch, should be great for vin when hes playing with hellyeah. Hope that name sticks down through the years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement