Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arbeloa record

• 27-04-2007 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭

Liverpool player Arbeloa (might not be how you spell it) holds a liverpool record.

What is it.

No googling! If you do google to find out what it is, don't post the answer in this thread... it makes kiddies cry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Jesus thats tough! What record could he be holding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Trilla wrote:
    Jesus thats tough! What record could he be holding?
    well...i'm hardly going to tell you, am i:rolleyes:

(:p :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I know that, was just thinking out loud!

Is it a really pointless thing, like the player with the most throw in's in a minute?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

First player to make his debut in a European game for us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Only number two since someone many moons ago in the number two shirt to score?

• Advertisement

I'll give you that.

Arbeloa is the fiirst Liverpool Number 2, since the introduction of squad numbers, to have scored for Liverpool. Apparently, according to a liverpool supporting mate of mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

That hardly a record! The first guy since the last guy to do something...

Mind you I imagne the "record" in question is going to be some trivial nonsense.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    That hardly a record! The first guy since the last guy to do something...

Mind you I imagne the "record" in question is going to be some trivial nonsense.
    yes, yes it was.:D

Tauren wrote:
    I'll give you that.

Arbeloa is the fiirst Liverpool Number 2, since the introduction of squad numbers, to have scored for Liverpool. Apparently, according to a liverpool supporting mate of mine.
    From wikipedia:

"He scored his first Premier League goal for Liverpool against Reading on April 7, 2007, becoming the first Liverpool number 2 to score in a competitive match since Mike Marsh in the League Cup on 16 December 1992 and in the league since 28 November 1992."

hardly a record.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    From wikipedia:

"He scored his first Premier League goal for Liverpool against Reading on April 7, 2007, becoming the first Liverpool number 2 to score in a competitive match since Mike Marsh in the League Cup on 16 December 1992 and in the league since 28 November 1992."

hardly a record.
    alright alrigh, calm down calm down, only a bit of fun, eh la?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I set a record playing last night. We won two nil. I was the first player to score since my mate scored before me!!!

Another useless question:

What was the name of Arsenal's previous stadium?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

im sure this is gonna be a trick question...but...highbury?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Well if he is the first player to score in the number 2 shirt since players were given a squad number ie Carragher 23 and not just turn up and sat and get a jersey from 1-11 then it is a record of sorts.

Tauren wrote:
    Another useless question:

What was the name of Arsenal's previous stadium?
    Arsenal Stadium

~Rebel~ wrote:
    im sure this is gonna be a trick question...but...highbury?
    Well, according to the arsenal managing director, and a few fans that have agreed with him....NO!

The stadium was actually called Arsenal Stadium.

Didn't know that til today.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Arsenal Stadium
    why did no one ever call it that? I have never once seen it refered to as arsenal stadium in the press or on tv, or by any fans.

Tauren wrote:
    why did no one ever call it that? I have never once seen it refered to as arsenal stadium in the press or on tv, or by any fans.
    It was in Highbury, and that's just what it became known as.

Lansdowne Road's proper name is actually the Royal Irish Parks Stadium (if you look at the planning permission applications), but the name of the area it is in just came into use in popular culture over time and that's the one that was used.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,338 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Tauren wrote:

If you were old enough you would have seen it called Arsenal Stadium at the cinema IMDB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well its the same as Milan, the official name is the Gusseppi Meazza stadium however as he was an Inter legend the Milan fans kept calling it the San Siro and wouldn't recognise the new name.

now its more widely known as the San Siro...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

Officially:

The Arsenal Stadium, Avenell Road, Highbury, London N5

The Boleyn Ground, Green Street, Upton Park, London E13

But Highbury and Upton Park are the commonly used names.
    What makes it worse is that outside the Boleyn, there is an official sign that says 'Welcome To Upton Park' :rolleyes:

Advertisement