Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonsilla

• 27-04-2007 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I am moving to Mount Symon in a couple of weeks its seems like a lovely area and very close to everything, is the closest pub the Clonsilla inn? is there anything in the pipeline about the area any building etc??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Yeah, nearest spot to you is the Clonsilla Inn, after that it's probably the Carpenters down the road in Carpenterstown. Actually, there's a pub in Hartstown or somewhere like that but judging a book by its cover it's not a place I'd want to go too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Ye the are is nice...golf in Westmanstown very close by..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Rumours persist that the Clonsilla will be closed and torn down to make way for apartments but the pub will be rebuilt (I hope)

The next nearest pub would be The Carpenters

Alternatively you could go to Salmons in Blakestown or the Hartstown House...but only if you're in the mood for a hiding ha ha!

Just kidding, but the regulars are tough cookies and you're Girlfriend will be judged on how big her hoopy earings are :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The Blakestown Inn has been closed down years...
    The Hartstown isn't actually too bad. There does be good music on in there some nights. Although I've only been once, so I can't really judge. There's some pubs in Clonee too if you don't mind travelling for a bit, and they're also very nice. But stay away from Mountview, Corduff (the Brookwood Inn) and The Lodge (The Shanty in Mulhuddart), they're bad places.

Advertisement