Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flashing X800

Options
  • 27-04-2007 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I have a regular sapphire x800, speeds seem to be 350/390

http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/

I'm looking here, wondering what anybody who recommend flashing it to? Or it just better to just slightly overclock it...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Just overclocking it is easier if the card is not moddable, it is and some disabled shaders/pipelines can be re-enabled then the X800XL is the closest match I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm not sure now about flashing it, I overclocked it earlier and I can get the ram from 350 to 450 easily (can prob go higher) and temps are still about 40 idle and 70 at load, but the core won't go far at all (literally a few mhz), so I'd be worried about it running at x800xl speeds. So i suppose might as well just leave it as is, overclocked. Also, I've not tried yet unlocking extra pipelines but apparently from reading around alot of people have not been able to unlock.

In Company of Heroes, the overclock resulted in a 10% performance increase...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Have a read through this
    I used this to flash the card from a pro to a pe. My card is a HIS card and irc the pipelines were not cut so it was easy to do. This may not be the case with your card. Worked a treat and never had any problems with it, still using the card 2+ years later!!

Thanks, but mines not a vivo card...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

iirc you can flash the bios to the xl, but you will need to volt mod it first, otherwise the card will just crash trying to run the xl's core speed.

• Advertisement

I think I will steer clear of that for now, using the stock cooler and I don't want to have to bother getting another one just for a secondary machine...

Advertisement