Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC to speakers???

Options
  • 27-04-2007 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Does anyone know how I can get over this obstacle.

I have put ceiling speakers into the ceiling of my kitchen and connected these to an amp. Beside the amp (and elsewhere) I have data cables connecting around the house - including to my pc.

I want to see how I can get my speakers to play files - ie mp3 from my pc. What is the best short term solution to this. I will eventually but a slim device - but want to see if there is a cheaper short term solution.....

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭buzzard

What kind of output is available on the PC ??
    I would assume it would be a 3.5mm jack

Also what kind of inputs are available on the AMP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

output on the pc is a jack. I haven't bought the amp yet - so I can get whatever is recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Ill assume the PC is in a different room?
    Is there a data cable going directly from amp location to PC?

If so and it is not currently used, you could try and wire up each end as phono or the amp side as phono and the PC side as 3.5 jack.

Advertisement