Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Dye

• 27-04-2007 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

I have very dark brown (almost black) hair. Are there any temporary hair dyes that I could use to colour my hair neon/electric blue for a few hours (long story, party etc.).
    Thanks.

Comments

Just shave it bald. It's cheaper and easier to manage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Try boots or somewhere similar for a spray on hair colour. The best effect is to bleach your hair first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

I have very dark brown (almost black) hair. Are there any temporary hair dyes that I could use to colour my hair neon/electric blue for a few hours (long story, party etc.).
    Thanks.

Nope. Not what you want to hear, but not a chance. The only way you'll do that is to bleach your hair first and then dye it, which is rather permanent.

You could dye it back to your natural colour (or close to) again afterwards, but no guarantee it would work and you wouldn't end up with purple and green streaks. Shaving it off and growing it back would be better, but perhaps not if you're a girl :)

Only insta-solution really is a wig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

You can buy a spray in boots, I use from time to time, when I dont have time to get a colour, its kinda sticky but its ok, its called fx or something, they have loads of different colours, in a little silver spray can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 miss_sunshine

I was in my local chemist recently and saw a wash in wash out neon pink hair dye, so I know they're available, I just can't remember what the brand name was, but if they're available in Co. Mayo, they should be available elsewhere...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Get some rabbits and a tin of neon blue dulux paint.
    - paint the rabbits blue
    -superglue the rabbits to your head.

:D

From a distance they'll look like blue hares ;)

This is after hours... what did you expect!
    For a serious answer try fashion & appearance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

jaysus... you are a ball of laughs!!!:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

There's dyes you can get, but they're very unlikely to have a noticable effect on dark hair. Your best bet might be to get one of those sprays, they might work. They wash out straight away too. However, it still won't turn blue, it'll just have a blue tint to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

don't bleach it and put blue in then!
    Did it for a friend before and turned out green!
    The poor girl was traumatised

Because you have such dark hair, you will find it very hard to get a temporary blue colour to show up on your hair.
    As Faith said the most you could probably hope for is a blue tint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Get some rabbits and a tin of neon blue dulux paint.
    - paint the rabbits blue
    -superglue the rabbits to your head.

From a distance they'll look like blue hares

Brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You want hair mascaras or a temp hair colour gel.
    You find these products in a big supermarket or a good chain of chemists.
    They are temp wash out colour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Find an inexpensive wig. It's a party and for fun, so who cares if it looks real? And you won't end up damaging your hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

As other posters have said, you're better off getting a hair mascara/spray on colour/ coloured gel. You can get some sachets of stuff in supermarkets, stocked with the hair dye if they have them, or else on a j-hook/separate unit with the Montagne Jeunesse (sp?) face, hair and foot masks.

The sprays in Boots et al are ok for a temporary colour too. I'd nearly be more comfortable with one of them myself.

I bleached my hair about 4 years ago and dyed it neon pink and it was so much work. Stripping your hair of colour is also so bad for the hair itself and can leave it very fragile and brittle. No short-term event is worth destroying your hair for. That said, if you do decide to bleach and dye your hair/ a section of your hair, there's a range of temporary dyes called Stargazer (you can't get the nicer colours in permanent dyes, unfortunately) that are very good and don't smell horrific. You'll need to dye your hair when you wash it the first time if you want to preserve the blue, and then every few washes for the first few weeks, less often as the colour builds up, so it's a bit labour intensive. Luckily blue builds up quicker than red tones. Also, if you only want the blue as a very temporary measure you can dye your own colour back in when you're done, but it will be lighter than you expect and it'll fade. Either way, it'll fade pretty fast the first time you dye it after bleaching.

Advertisement