Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota corolla hatchback(the nice one)

Options
  • 27-04-2007 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

In afew months i am planning to sell a 99 Toyota corolla hatchback(the nice one), i am a bit worried, as people have told me that i will make nothing off it. Its in perfect condition and has never given me a spot of bother whilst all my mates italian and german and french cars have come apart at the seams. I was wondering if i would get my asking price of €5000, it will have nct till 09 etc.
    Could anyone give me advice on the subject.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,372 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

€5k is very optimistic for a private sale. It's not impossible though if the car is immaculate, low mileage, 1 owner from new, full Toyota service history, etc. - you get the picture

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It is 8 years old after all, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

99 Corolla 3 doors generally go for between 3500 to 4000 privately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You can buy a tidy 00 reg facelifted VVTi Corolla for around €5k.

I doubt very much you will get €5k for a 99 bug eye non VVTi Corolla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

colm_mcm wrote:
    99 Corolla 3 doors generally go for between 3500 to 4000 privately.
    How much for a 5 door?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

esel wrote:
    How much for a 5 door?
    much, much less!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

Really? I wasnt expecting such a negitive response. On carzone they range from €3500 to the rediculous €10,000 mark. I thought toyotas had a good sell on value. It will have its nct till 09. also at the €4000 mark will i be waiting months for any interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

he's looking for a 5dr...op has a 3dr

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Jrad wrote:
    Really? I wasnt expecting such a negitive response. On carzone they range from €3500 to the rediculous €10,000 mark. I thought toyotas had a good sell on value. It will have its nct till 09. also at the €4000 mark will i be waiting months for any interest?

Carzone "asking" prices are usually made up of overinflated dealer prices which include warranties and other overheads. Private sellers see these prices and knock a few hundred off their price thinking they will get it. Also there is a huge difference between the "asking" price and what the car actually sells for.

Regarding resale value well your car is 8 years old, on the plus side it is the popular 3 door version. NCT for 2 years will not increase it's value by much but will make it easier to sell. I reckon you could start by advertising it for €4,300 and see how it goes. Little or no interest means it is overpriced, drop your price then accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

Nice one, thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,372 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yeah, go with bazz26's game plan. Stick it in the buy and sell too - only about a tenner including a picture. Stick it in all free ads, especially www.adverts.ie

Let us know how you are getting on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

it is possible, but would want to be a minter..
    I got 6,800 for a 2000 3 dr corolla I had 2 months ago I know its vvti and had only 42k on it, your should get about 4,500

Advertisement