Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

speakers that go boomph in the night...

Options
  • 27-04-2007 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm trying to put new speakers in my van, I know nothing about them but was offered a pair of 17cm Pioneer speakers and a pair of 13 cm pioneer speakers for 95 Euro, The 13's were like 130 watt? and the 17's were 170 watt? or something, anyway the radio I have say's 45wx4 and the dude in the shop told me they would be grand and nothing would blow up etc etc, so I'm wonder firstly is that a good price? They're new like, and secondly is that a safe combination? will nothing blow etc?

Excuse my ignorance, I'm new to this.

Cheers!

Binhead.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

they will work fine with a 4x45w radio, but are those sizes right for your van, alot of doors speakers are 13cm but not all.
    where in a van are the 17cm speakers for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

As above make sure there the right size for your door,even if they are the rear magnet may be bigger than your standard speaker and hit your window when it rolls down.

You only run danger of blowing them if your have the radio up full whack distorting them to pieces,ideally they would need a seperate amp to get the best from them but they'l run fine from your headunit

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭binhead

Ah cool, cheers.

I'm gonna put the 13's in the door, It's a camper and it's getting fixed up so we can cut bigger holes in the door. The 17's are for the back, Gonna mount them under the top shelf, Like a wooden cabinet but the speakers will have to face downwards, will that work ok? or should I face them forwards?

Thanks again,

Binhead.

Advertisement