Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM prices

Options
  • 27-04-2007 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

i was over on OCUK today and i'm amazed at the prices they have on RAM now. They all seem to be great deals even the most expensive stuff. whats the story?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

* Fluctuations in market price for DRAM
    * Excess stock
    * Attempting to lure impulse buys

if there is a drop in the price for DRAM then other stores may follow suit with price cuts or try to clear inventory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

So basically now or soon is a good time to buy RAM i was looking at these

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-084-OC&tool=3&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=817

I have a ds3 and e6700. but thinkin of doin an SSIA-SLI rig lol. Just want to get my hands on em while they're cheap. can get em from k+m for €284 posted. or do i have to worry about the price much for a while? just like em cos they're ready watercooled.

OMG overclockers seems to be the best place to buy just about any RAM now. i normally compare prices with a lot of european sites and up til now they were generally 30-40% cheaper. 2gb geil ultra pc6400 for about €110 delivered. i payed nearly twice that last november. just thought i'd give you all the heads up. it's only on RAM though they're still well above on all other items i've checked. Maybe they've just been feeling the pinch of euro competition and are trying to be more competative. hopefully they'll continue to bring they're prices in line with european sites cos lets face it in terms of selection and quality of webpage they are the best around. Personally it's generally where i got to find out whats the best on the market. then i go and buy it cheaper somewhere else :) lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Ah prices crashes for RAM :)

Now does indeed seem to be a good time to buy Crucial BallistiX is already down to 150 mark for 2GB DDR-2 800, looks like it's time to get some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

130 on dabs.ie :D

oh no its gone up 10 since i bought 140 now :)

Hey lads i'm thinkin of gettin some too. are the ballistix the best accorss the board. is it worth it to buy the pc8000 or 8500 stuff if your willing to spend the money. i have a ds3 and a C2D e6700 really want to get it to stable 4ghz have invested in water cooling it with an apogeegt already. What ram will get this for me?

if you want gaunenteeted 500mhz get the balltix pc 8000 but ur no gona get above 500mhz.so pc 6400 should run upto pc8000 so you should be fine .

you might not even get to 400mhz?

depends if you got a good board.

and i would say it will be very hard for you to get to 4ghz from a new chip(is it ?)

you gota be lucky to get to 4ghz.:D

Lol i know it's a lottery, but hey you only find out one way. i have it at 3.65Ghz stable with mild voltage hike and air arctic freezer pro. Geil pc6400. i have the chip since november ish. got it from Flaccus on adverts. Cant remember the details will get back to you.
    edit had details posted in Post called "does overclocking work" not at home now so cant check pc myself now.
    Edit again here it is https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/82916/39487.JPG
    How are my chances then?

well ur just running it on 365 so thats putting not much pressure on ur ram but if you wana do you 4ghz you will have to rize that to 400mhz which ur giel will do.

400x10=4000mhz which is 4ghz.

i think you may be able to to do it with more voltage :D

thats a nice chip you got man.

the board may be the only thing holding you back.

but should do 400mhz.

• Advertisement

yeah, nice to know i've got a chance anyway. just cant even get it to boot at 400 mhz, it's booting at 370 but crashes in windows if i even think about opening an app, lol. i'll just keep uppin voltages til it does i suppose still on air waiting for resevoir to arrive for water coolin kit. have these new case fans though that move an awful lot of air u know the sharkoons, havent tried OCin since they arrived. well there goes the next few hours of the day. lol. If i'm not successful i'll consider spending the money on a new board instead. Any ideas?

hehe if the board wont go past 400 get a dfi 965-s.

hey my DS3 is a REV 1 so i dont think its the best. hadnt any success gettin it over 365 today. Have been dreamin about an SLI setup for a while now. ssia is coming soon so might go through with it. So you reckon the best board is the dfi. what about the best SLI board?

well if you wana go sli there is the new dfi 680i coming out :D

why not wait for the ddr3/berkdale chipset early nex month.should be good

or maby some of the new ddr2 chipset.

well cost for one thing. i wont be doin it for another month though so i'll see how i feel then. have exams in the mean time to worry about. I'm only toying with the idea of SLI. But 4ghz is a deffinate goal. Hey man Any new board that'll help attain the goal. i just dont want to go through an entire new build too soon.

P35 chipset over on OCUk now!!

What you think about gettin the latest rev ds3? or you still rate the dfi as better?
    The newer ds3 has an extra pci-e x16.

see ur selling ur board what you gona get.how about a dfi-965:D

LOL. Are you just dieing to see how it fairs out? I'm looking at the DS3p or the DFI or maybe an SLI board not sure yet. i'll see how the sale goes. Really like the look of the newer version of my own board though.

na i have 1 in the box right hear beside me.

ah so your looking for someone to compare notes with. Where did you buyit i cant find em anywhere how much are they. Will probably go for the ds3p it's the only other thing i like the look of. I really like the way all the 965 boards have become much more feature laden with extra pci-e slots and fire wire and the like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement