Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange problem with Airis 920 and Route66

Options
  • 27-04-2007 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

I know there was a long thread about the Airis 920 satnav here, but it seems to have disappeared. Can anyone advise me on a rather strange problem with the Route66 software that came with this unit?

Originally, I got a 512MB SD card with the Airis and I used this to install the Route66 software with the maps for Ireland and the UK. All was well, I've used the unit here and in the UK and found it to be very good.

Recently, I bought a 2GB SD card with the intention of using this to install all the maps from the Route66 software into the Airis. During the installation, Route66 formats the memory card in preparation for installation, and then says there's not enough space on the card. When I look at the card in Explorer, it looks as though half the space is used although there is nothing there, so effectively it is seen as a 1GB card.

This looks like a security precaution by the software, so I'm wondering, is there anyway I can install it without formatting the memory card, or am I stuck with crippled software?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

You know you're in the gadgets forum, right? Anyway, i've used it with a 2gb card before so it's definately possible. Try formatting the card using windows rather then the installer. Is it just the irish maps you're putting on, or more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

I had the same problem with a 4gb card. In the end I just copied everything from the original card to the new card and then copied the new maps into the maps folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Thanks shayser, I'll try that. Mark, yeah, I didn't realise there was a separate GPS forum now until after I'd posted. Route66 doesn't give you the option not to format the card, that was my problem, really.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

@shayser -not everything that has an SD slot can read 4Gb cards (as I learned..)

Advertisement